Cost Control Accountant - NSW, Qld, NT & NZ
- Brisbane QLD, Australia
- Entities: Watpac Corporate Services
As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining BESIX Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 550 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Preparing and monthly financial reporting packs and management reports for the operating business units in NSW, Qld, NT & NZ.
- Processing of work-in-progress, project and overhead cost journals (including payroll, motor vehicles, credit card charges, corporate recharges and others as required).
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts for the operating business units NSW, Qld, NT & NZ.
- In conjunction with the Finance Manager - NSW, Qld, NT & NZ, auditing and validating the cost transactions and forecasts during the reporting period in readiness for the monthly and quarterly meetings.
- Assisting with the review of monthly project reports, analysing and reviewing project and operational business unit performance.
- Assisting with the preparation of annual profitability budgets and forecasts as required for the operating business units.
The incumbent in this role will require the following qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting or a related discipline with experience in a relevant accounting role.
- Membership qualification of a professional accounting institute.
- Technical and practical accounting, finance & taxation knowledge and experience in so far as it relates to Construction & Engineering sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning, listening and decision making skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Our benefits include;
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Well-being days.
- Professional development opportunities.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.