Junior Structural Design Engineer
- Brussels, Belgium
- Entities: BESIX NV/SA
BESIX Group is a leading multidisciplinary Belgian Group, operating in construction, construction, real estate development and concessions. BESIX Group was founded in 1909, and has grown impressively over the years. BESIX Group operates in Northern and Eastern Europe, North and Central Africa and the Middle East through its subsidiary Six Construct, as well as in Canada and Australia. The group stands out in its sector by having its own internal Engineering Department, with wide-ranging expertise in geotechnical engineering, concrete technology, methods, planning, and BIM, System Engineering and similar tools.
In 2020, the Group achieved a turnover of EUR 2.7 billion. BESIX has about 12,000 employees active in 27 countries with more than 80 different nationalities. Find more information at: https://www.besix.com/.
For our "Design and Build" projects we are looking for a Junior Structural Design Engineer. All types of structures within our different markets are designed by our team, or in close cooperation with external design-teams.
Our markets are very versatile, we work in civil structures, marine, and leisure infrastructure, and buildings.
- As a member of the design team, you will cooperate in the structural design of complex buildings, and civil or marine infrastructure projects (concept selection, design development, constructability reviews);
- You will be in close contact with colleagues all over the world to understand their needs and the local context;
- You will coordinate structural design projects, and follow-up if the chosen construction methods are thoughtfully developed and applied;
- You will make and fine-tune structural design calculations, and explain them in design-reports in Dutch, French or English, and get these reports validated.
- Master degree in civil or industrial engineering in construction;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English;
- You are passionate and interested by structural design;
- A first work experience or internship is a plus;
- Creative, analytical, meticulous and problem solving;
- Flexible and client-oriented;
- Team player, comfortable in an international context, and ready for short missions abroad (up to 3 weeks);
- Experience in working with SCIA is an asset;
- You are willing to work in Brussels at the BESIX HQ.
A career at BESIX is a lot more than just a job, it's about being part of our changing and innovative world. Your skills, ambition and passion will contribute to the development of our different businesses and allow us to succeed in the challenges of the coming years.
Working for the BESIX group allows you to be a part of a dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial company. It gives you a safe and collaborative working environment with ambitious and innovative goals for the world of tomorrow, but also for your career and personal development.
We are looking for different kinds of personalities, mindsets, backgrounds and genders to build the iconic and sustainable projects of tomorrow.
Are you ready to make an impact and leave a positive legacy for years to come? If you are passionate about our purpose to Excel in creating sustainable solutions for a better world, come and join our caring BESIX family. Together we will co-create our future.
Working at BESIX brings a lot of great benefits including:
- An attractive remuneration package including a salary in line with the market and a range of employee benefits such as flexible mobility advantages, extra-legal pension, medical care insurance, work-life balance program (such as teleworking, child care, flexible work schedule, mobile working), Health Management (sport, health check-up program, …);
- Career development programs that serve not only to ensure that you are constantly learning and improving but also that give you the possibility to expand your career horizon;
- A dynamic, creative and safe working environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors (ideas, projects, goals, ambitions);
- Possibility to work on complex projects within both a local and international environment;
- The choice to remain locally anchored for the coming years or to seek an exciting international career opportunity within the group.