- Entities: BESIX Watpac
As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
BESIX Watpac are looking for an environmental coordinator (or recent environmental engineering graduate) to join our NSW team working on a major CBD project. The project Environmental Co-ordinator is responsible for the maintenance and implementation on site of the Environmental Management System (EMS), Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP) and Sustainability Management Plan (SMP). Duties include;
- Prepare/compile registers, records, plans and forms necessary for the implementation of environmental controls
- Monitor the construction processes to ensure that appropriate environmental protection/procedures are in place
- Identify and record any environmental issues
- Recommend and initiate solutions to environmental problems and verify the implementation of solutions
- Investigate all environmental complaints
- Control and maintain project environmental records
- Implement environmental checklists, field records and procedures as applicable to the works
- Maintenance the CEMP and control of distribution
- Provide recommendations for EMS and operational improvements.
- Collate input for monthly reports
- Access, notify and report on environmental incidents occurring on site
- Monitor subcontractor activities and plant and equipment for environmental compliance
- Raise and manage environmental non-conformances
The incumbent in this role will require the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree/Diploma in environmental or associated engineering discipline
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning, listening and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a high pressure environment.
- Proven high level of professionalism, maturity and candour in daily work ethic.
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
Our benefits include;
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Well-being days.
- Professional development opportunities.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.