- Entities: BESIX Watpac
As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining BESIX Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
Due to significant recent project wins Besix Watpac are looking to add an experienced BIM Coordinator to join our team working on a major project located within the Melbourne metro area. Duties will include
- Participate in the management of the design team and the timely delivery of project documentation and attend and participate in design and coordination meetings for both Consultants and Subcontractors.
- Participate in design reviews and ensure that the project staff and subcontractors are delivered timely documentation to construct the project in accordance with the project program.
- Liaise with design and construct subcontractors where appointed.
- Coordinate and supervise documentation for variations to the project and monitor the implementation of authority requirements and approvals.
- Work closely with the Senior Design and leadership team to fully utilise BIM and Navisworks to identify any potential clashes and mitigate prior to installation and delivery of equipment to site.
- Further enhancements of BIM workflow standards and best practices
- Providing support and training to internal staff
- Establishing BIM protocols with consultants, site team and relevant stakeholders
- Troubleshooting issues and technical support to staff
The incumbent in this role will require the following qualifications and experience:
- A degree in Architecture/Construction Management or related discipline with solid experience in a similar role.
- A high working knowledge of BIM and Navisworks in particular the ability to troubleshoot clashes.
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the business with a particularly strong internal customer focus
- Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning, listening and decision making skills
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team\Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a high pressure environment
- Proven high level of professionalism, maturity, candour and confidentiality in daily work ethic
Our benefits include;
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Well-being days.
- Professional development opportunities.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.