Proposal Engineer (BESIX Environment - Brussels)
- Entities: BESIX Environment
BESIX Environment is the independent entity within BESIX Group focusing on the development, engineering, construction, startup & commissioning and O&M of projects within the field of water and sustainable energy & hydrogen infrastructure.
BESIX Environment is within these projects in charge of the process and MEICA scope. Projects vary from waste water treatment & water reuse plants for municipal or industrial clients including technologies for sludge treatment and biogas treatment, to industrial applications for process water (process, cooling water, demi water, ultrapure water), potable water, pumping stations and turbines,…as Biomass or Waste-to Energy plants using biochemical or thermal processes and infrastructure related to hydrogen production, transport and storage.
Primary role for BESIX Environment is mainly within the EPC scope, but in specific projects the scope is extended including a full Operations & Maintenances service contract.
Offers are being studied to provide the best added-value partial or global solution for the project. The role of the Proposal Engineer is to provide the best technico-commercial solution to the client.
- He/She reports to the Bid Manager/Operation Manager.
- He/She prepares the request for quotation, find suitable suppliers and subcontractors and challenge them to issue the best proposal for the project, prepare and finalize the bid with the other members of the teams.
- Depending on the size and type of project, he/she will contribute to the P&ID’s set-up, the equipment list, typical technical deliverables, the the bill of quantities.
- Size of project may vary from very small size (about 1 million EUR to large size about 100 million EUR).
- Location of project to tender is Benelux and International.
- Minimum 5 years of experience (tender or execution) of water treatment plants.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Tenders.
- Knowledge in the different steps of the design and built project of water treatment. Broaden experience in other process treatment is a plus.
- Flexible and be able to reach targeted challenges till issuance of bid and conclusion of contracts.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, French is a plus.
A career at BESIX is a lot more than just a job, it's about being part of our changing and innovative world. Your skills, ambition and passion will contribute to the development of our different businesses and allow us to succeed in the challenges of the coming years.
Working for the BESIX group allows you to be a part of a dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial company. It gives you a safe and collaborative working environment with ambitious and innovative goals for the world of tomorrow, but also for your career and personal development.
We are looking for different kinds of personalities, mindsets, backgrounds and genders to build the iconic and sustainable projects of tomorrow.
Are you ready to make an impact and leave a positive legacy for years to come? If you are passionate about our purpose to Excel in creating sustainable solutions for a better world, come and join our caring BESIX family. Together we will co-create our future.
Working at BESIX brings a lot of great benefits including:
- An attractive remuneration package including a salary in line with the market and a range of employee benefits such as flexible mobility advantages, extra-legal pension, medical care insurance, work-life balance program (such as teleworking, child care, flexible work schedule, mobile working), Health Management (sport, health check-up program, …);
- Career development programs that serve not only to ensure that you are constantly learning and improving but also that give you the possibility to expand your career horizon;
- A dynamic, creative and safe working environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors (ideas, projects, goals, ambitions);
- Possibility to work on complex projects within both a local and international environment;
- The choice to remain locally anchored for the coming years or to seek an exciting international career opportunity within the group.