Senior Payroll Specialist
- Entities: BESIX Watpac
As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining BESIX Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
BESIX Watpac has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Payroll Specialist to join their payroll and greater human resources team. You will have prior experience in a senior payroll position (preferably in the construction industry or similar) and thrive in a fast paced environment, where no two days are the same. Based in the head office located in Newstead, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Complete end to end payroll process including payroll tax, superannuation and PAYG.
- Process end of month payment runs across the business.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Support the National Payroll & HR Information Systems Manager in the ongoing improvements to payroll systems, policies and administrative processes.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience;
- Significant experience in all aspects of payroll.
- High attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the business.
- Experience working in the construction or civil and mining industries would be an advantage.
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Professional Development opportunities.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.
*** Agency applications will not be accepted.