Senior Structural Design Engineer
- Entities: BESIX NV/SA
Since first going into action in 1909, the BESIX Group has over the years grown into a multidisciplinary company with a leading position in its markets: construction, property development and concessions. BESIX Contracting specializes in construction, infrastructure and marine works, often in contracts with a high level of complexity. In Benelux and France, the Group’s regional affiliates BESIX Infra, Belemco, Cobelba, Jacques Delens, Vanhout, Wust and Lux TP ensure a strong presence and a local approach. With Franki Foundations, West Construct, Socogetra, Sanotec and Van den Berg, the Group offers specialist niche solutions for the building market like deep foundations, geo-engineering, road construction, water treatment and cable and pipeline construction.
Backed by our experience in our home markets, we have built up strong positions outside Europe. A typical example is the Middle East, where over a 50 year period we have built up an impressive portfolio. This diversification in activities and geography pays off by reducing our risk exposure.
Within the BESIX Engineering Department (BED), dedicated to the projects of the BESIX Group companies, you are a member of the "structural design team", designing permanent structures, and temporary situations.
For our "Design and Build" projects, all types of structures within our different markets are designed by our team, or in close cooperation with external design-teams.
Our markets are very versatile, we work in civil structures, marine, and leisure infrastructure, and buildings.
- As a member of the team of engineers, you will cooperate in the structural design of complex buildings, and civil or marine infrastructure projects (concept selection, design development, constructability reviews)
- You will be in close contact with colleagues all over the world to understand their needs and the local context
- You will coordinate structural design projects, and follow-up if the chosen construction methods are thoughtfully developed and applied
- You will make and fine-tune structural design calculations, and explain them in design-reports in Dutch, French or English, and get these reports validated
- You will follow production of the detailed design drawings with our drafting team
- You are a specialist in your domain, continuously enhancing your in-depth knowledge in your field(s) of expertise
- You are critical towards yourself and your work, ready to rework your designs in the interest of the project.
- You are a good negotiator who can consult with specialists in your own and other domains of expertise
- You can work independently on design packages in bigger projects, or take the lead in your own mid-sized projects
- Master degree in civil engineering
- You have at least 5 years of experience with structural design
- Experience with construction sites is a big plus
- Creative, analytical, meticulous and problem solving.
- Flexible and client-oriented
- Team player, comfortable in an international context, and ready for short missions abroad (up to 2 weeks)
- Fluent in Dutch or French with a good knowledge of the other language. Professional working proficiency in English.
- Experience with or knowledge of SCIA or Revit is an asset
A career at BESIX is a lot more than just a job, it's about being part of our changing and innovative world. Your skills, ambition and passion will contribute to the development of our different businesses and allow us to succeed in the challenges of the coming years.
Working for the BESIX group allows you to be a part of a dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial company which is now recognized as a Belgian Top Employer. It gives you a safe and collaborative working environment with ambitious and innovative goals for the world of tomorrow, but also for your career and personal development.
We are looking for different kinds of personalities, mindsets, backgrounds and genders to build the iconic and sustainable projects of tomorrow.
Are you ready to make an impact and leave a positive legacy for years to come? If you are passionate about our purpose to Excel in creating sustainable solutions for a better world, come and join our caring BESIX family. Together we will co-create our future.
Working at BESIX brings a lot of great benefits including:
- An attractive remuneration package including a salary in line with the market and a range of employee benefits such as flexible mobility advantages, extra-legal pension, medical care insurance, work-life balance program (such as teleworking, child care, flexible work schedule, mobile working), Health Management (sport, health check-up program, …)
- Career development programs that serve not only to ensure that you are constantly learning and improving but also that give you the possibility to expand your career horizon
- A dynamic, creative and safe working environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors (ideas, projects, goals, ambitions)
- Possibility to work on complex projects within both a local and international environment,
- The choice to remain locally anchored for the coming years or to seek an exciting international career opportunity within the group