HSE Advisor Vlaanderen - Brussel
- Entities: BESIX NV/SA
Since first going into action in 1909, the BESIX Group has over the years grown into a multidisciplinary company with a leading position in its markets: construction, property development and concessions. BESIX Contracting specializes in construction, infrastructure and marine works, often in contracts with a high level of complexity. In Benelux and France, the Group’s regional affiliates BESIX Infra, Belemco, Cobelba, Jacques Delens, Vanhout, Wust and Lux TP ensure a strong presence and a local approach. With Franki Foundations, West Construct, Socogetra, Sanotec and Van den Berg, the Group offers specialist niche solutions for the building market like deep foundations, geo-engineering, road construction, water treatment and cable and pipeline construction.
Backed by our experience in our home markets, we have built up strong positions outside Europe. A typical example is the Middle East, where over a 50 year period we have built up an impressive portfolio. This diversification in activities and geography pays off by reducing our risk exposure.
The BESIX QHSE Department is looking for a HSE Advisor to manage projects in Flanders (Belgium).
The HSE advisor is the catalyst of the continuous HSE improvements trend and culture of safety shaping momentum.
The HSE Advisor represents BESIX’s HSE Department and is the first person of contact for the site(s). He/She is promoting, coordinating, implementing, facilitating, advising and following-up the sites on HSE regulations, BESIX’s HSE policies and principles.
- You take ownership of HSE operational monitoring, advising and performance of affected site(s) together with the BESIX Operational team;
- You represent the QHSE Department as first person of contact for the specific HSE related competences which are attributed to you from the BESIX HSE Competence Center;
- You perform internal HSE inspections & audits in line with the internal MS audit & inspection planning;
- You provide training for subjects related to your specific HSE related competences;
- You take responsibility and participate in specific HSE improvement actions in line with the yearly HSE action plan;
- You support the site in the implementation and application of the BESIX’s QHSE Policy and HSE related IMs procedures;
- You report Key Performance Indicators to the Regional HSE Manager and/or QHSE Business and Site Support Managers;
- You establish constructive working relationships with the Site, Construction Manager and operational leaders;
- You ensure the administrative follow up of the HSE Management system for your area;
- You facilitate the roll out of Corporate HSE programs (Behavioral based safety, HSE training programs, ect.);
- You follow and support operational activities (HSE aspects) from mobilization till demobilization of sites, this includes subcontractors and supply chain management.
- You are Health and Safety advisor level 1 or 2 (preventieadviseur niveau 1 of 2)
- You have at least a first relevant experience of 5 years in HSE;
- You preferably have experience in the construction industry;
- You are flexible to work on different projects in Flanders;
- You are fluent in Dutch. You have a professional level in English. French is a plus;
- You possess an entrepreneurial mind, self-motivated, showing flexibility, being innovative and result-oriented while promoting teamwork;
- You equally possess excellent communication skills, an analytical mind and you are client focused;
A career at BESIX is a lot more than just a job, it's about being part of our changing, innovative world, experiencing at first hand the challenging topics we have to face in the coming years. Being a part of the BESIX group is taking part in a very dynamic and entrepreneurial company with ambitious & innovative development plans. We are looking for different kinds of personalities, mindsets, backgrounds, genders, to build the iconic projects of tomorrow. With our purpose of Excel in creating sustainable solution for a better world, we are driving our company forward.
Are you ready to make an impact?
Working at BESIX means getting a lot of interesting benefits:
- An attractive remuneration package including a salary in line with the market, flexible mobility advantages, teleworking, health & group insurance, meal vouchers, ….
- A career enhancement programs that serve not only to ensure that you are constantly learning and improving but also that give you the possibility to expand your career horizon
- A dynamic working environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors (ideas, projects, goals, ambitions)
- Possibility to work on complex projects both on local as an international environment
- Remain locally anchored for the coming years or dare for an international career opportunity within the group