Technical Office Engineer
- Entities: BESIX NV/SA
BESIX Group is a leading multidisciplinary Belgian Group, operating in construction, construction, real estate development and concessions. BESIX Group was founded in 1909, and has grown impressively over the years. BESIX Group operates in Northern and Eastern Europe, North and Central Africa and the Middle East through its subsidiary Six Construct, as well as in Canada and Australia. The group stands out in its sector by having its own internal Engineering Department, with wide-ranging expertise in geotechnical engineering, concrete technology, methods, planning, and BIM, System Engineering and similar tools. In 2018, the Group achieved a turnover of EUR 2.5 billion. BESIX has about 15,000 employees active in 25 countries with more than 80 different nationalities. Find more information at: www.BESIX.com
As a Technical Office engineer you are a site based and oriented engineer. You’re part of a team responsible for a specific part of a larger construction project.
Your Main Tasks:
- Prepare and follow up valuations and measurements
- Prepare and follow up all project deliverables (based on the contract documents) and data
- Coordinate the planning, scheduling and monitoring of construction activities
- Prepare the methods statements for the site activities in cooperation with the section of head engineers
- Assist in managing the cost analysis and cost control of site activities
- You have the technical and contractual awareness to identify, establish and follow up variations
- A degree as civil engineer in construction or similar
- Fluent in French (any additional languages are an asset)
- Between 5 and 10 years of relevant experience within a construction company or similar industry
- You identify with our core competencies by possessing an entrepreneurial mind, showing flexibility, being innovative and result-oriented while promoting teamwork
- You possess excellent communication skills, an analytical mind and you are client focused
Competencies defined for this role
- Anticipate standard solutions, take initiative, make suggestions and challenge prevailing assumptions
- Demonstrate great ability to work effectively and efficiently in a constant changing business environment
- Understanding of own role in the team and in the broader departmental organization, documenting of best practices and coaching of the specialists
- Plan, organize and prioritize own work and seek confirmation of priorities when confronted with unusual situations
- Demonstrate responsibility and ownership and spontaneous reporting to management
A career at BESIX is a lot more than just a job, it's about being part of our changing and innovative world. Your skills, ambition and passion will contribute to the development of our different businesses and allow us to succeed in the challenges of the coming years.
Working for the BESIX group allows you to be a part of a dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial company. It gives you a safe and collaborative working environment with ambitious and innovative goals for the world of tomorrow, but also for your career and personal development.
We are looking for different kinds of personalities, mindsets, backgrounds and genders to build the iconic and sustainable projects of tomorrow.
Are you ready to make an impact and leave a positive legacy for years to come? If you are passionate about our purpose to Excel in creating sustainable solutions for a better world, come and join our caring BESIX family. Together we will co-create our future.
Working at BESIX brings a lot of great benefits including:
- An attractive remuneration package including a salary in line with the market and a range of employee benefits such as flexible mobility advantages, extra-legal pension, medical care insurance, work-life balance program (such as teleworking, child care, flexible work schedule, mobile working), Health Management (sport, health check-up program, …)
- Career development programs that serve not only to ensure that you are constantly learning and improving but also that give you the possibility to expand your career horizon
- A dynamic, creative and safe working environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors (ideas, projects, goals, ambitions)
- Possibility to work on complex projects within both a local and international environment,
- The choice to remain locally anchored for the coming years or to seek an exciting international career opportunity within the group