Project Procurement Manager (Brussels)
- Entities: BESIX NV/SA
Since first going into action in 1909, the BESIX Group has over the years grown into a multidisciplinary company with a leading position in its markets: construction, property development and concessions. BESIX Contracting specializes in construction, infrastructure and marine works, often in contracts with a high level of complexity. In Benelux and France, the Group’s regional affiliates BESIX Infra, Cobelba, Jacques Delens, Vanhout, Wust and Lux TP ensure a strong presence and a local approach. With Franki Foundations, Socogetra, BESIX Environment and Van den Berg, the Group offers specialist niche solutions for the building market like deep foundations, geo-engineering, road construction, water treatment and cable and pipeline construction.
Backed by our experience in our home markets, we have built up strong positions outside Europe. A typical example is the Middle East, where over a 50 year period we have built up an impressive portfolio. This diversification in activities and geography pays off by reducing our risk exposure
The Project Procurement Manager is responsible of the definition and the implementation of the Project Procurement Strategy for our international projects. (S)He provides regular feedback to the Procurement Department Team on the performance of the suppliers working on the Projects and enforce/promote to the best of her/his abilities to any Frame Agreements in place within the Group. (S)He strives to develop the Group supplier’s database, identify new potential suppliers and assesses the Total Cost of the Procurement
- Organize the Procurement Kick-off meeting inviting all Project Stakeholder
- Lead the Implementation of the Project Procurement Strategy (PPS) defined by the Project Management Team (PMT) in collaboration with the Group Procurement Organization.
- Allocate Budget in accordance with the PPS for each Package.
- Develop in coordination with Procurement Department Team (Category Managers) Specific Long List of potential suppliers in line with the PPS for PMT approval.
- Lead the Suppliers Prequalification processes and ensure the compliance to BESIX rules.
- Manage the different RFQ’s preparations and follow-up once floated on the market.
- Review and Analyze technically, commercially and contractually the offers received in collaboration with all Project Internal stakeholders with the relevant Category Manager
- Submit a recommendation to the PMT in order to agree the way forward (shortlist)
- Lead the clarification/negotiation processes with the selected suppliers/subcontractors with the relevant Category Manager
- Submit a final recommendation to Award to the PMT inclusive of detailed comparison sheet and compliance analyze.
- Support the Commercial Department in the preparation of the Agreements
- Support the Execution Team during the Agreement execution
- Is the “garant” of the respect of the intents of the Agreements.
- Master’s in civil engineering or Architecture or equivalent Experience OR Procurement significant experience in Operational environment
- Minimum 10 years work experience
- 5 years of Experience in Construction AND 5 years of Experience in Procurement Activities (supply chain, tender, …)
- Fluent in English, any other language is a plus
- is willing to travel (25%)
- General Technical Knowledgeable
- Analytical Skills, data analysis
- Assertive Communication
- Strong Communication Skills
- Commercial/Contractual Expert
- Strong Negotiation Skill
- Result Focused
A career at BESIX is a lot more than just a job, it's about being part of our changing and innovative world. Your skills, ambition and passion will contribute to the development of our different businesses and allow us to succeed in the challenges of the coming years.
Working for the BESIX group allows you to be a part of a dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial company which is now recognized as a Belgian Top Employer. It gives you a safe and collaborative working environment with ambitious and innovative goals for the world of tomorrow, but also for your career and personal development.
We are looking for different kinds of personalities, mindsets, backgrounds and genders to build the iconic and sustainable projects of tomorrow.
Are you ready to make an impact and leave a positive legacy for years to come? If you are passionate about our purpose to Excel in creating sustainable solutions for a better world, come and join our caring BESIX family. Together we will co-create our future.
Working at BESIX brings a lot of great benefits including:
- An attractive remuneration package including a salary in line with the market and a range of employee benefits such as flexible mobility advantages, extra-legal pension, medical care insurance, work-life balance program (such as teleworking, child care, flexible work schedule, mobile working), Health Management (sport, health check-up program, …)
- Career development programs that serve not only to ensure that you are constantly learning and improving but also that give you the possibility to expand your career horizon
- A dynamic, creative and safe working environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors (ideas, projects, goals, ambitions)
- Possibility to work on complex projects within both a local and international environment,
- The choice to remain locally anchored for the coming years or to seek an exciting international career opportunity within the group