Senior Buyer (Antwerp)
- Entities: BESIX NV/SA
BESIX Group is a leading multidisciplinary Belgian Group, operating in construction, construction, real estate development and concessions. BESIX Group was founded in 1909, and has grown impressively over the years. BESIX Group operates in Northern and Eastern Europe, North and Central Africa and the Middle East through its subsidiary Six Construct, as well as in Canada and Australia. The group stands out in its sector by having its own internal Engineering Department, with wide-ranging expertise in geotechnical engineering, concrete technology, methods, planning, and BIM, System Engineering and similar tools. In 2019, the Group achieved a turnover of EUR 2.5 billion. BESIX has about 14,000 employees active in 25 countries with more than 80 different nationalities. Find more information at: www.BESIX.com
- Collaborate with the project team on the construction site, the equipment responsible and other support services, be a role model, a leader and a great motivator.
- Manage the procurement of material and spare parts required for projects.
- Offer technical assistance and know-how in relation to alternative materials, techniques, services, methods, suppliers aiming to added value for the project and the client.
- Maintain the suppliers’ database in your field of activity, including the market intelligence, and a pricing base.
- Reach for sustainable cost reduction integrating risk analysis and quality control.
- Accountable for the quality and professionalism of your purchase service delivery and will demonstrate full ownership.
- Consult effectively with internal customers/suppliers and efficiently collaborate with the project teams as well as with your other internal clients.
- You possess a bachelor degree, ideally as in a technical or commercial field.
- You have relevant experience as Buyer within a multinational and complex environment
- Experience within the construction industry or civil works
- You are a talented negotiator
- You have a very good knowledge Dutch.
- You are persevering, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial, combined with a strong sense of responsibility, ethic and flexibility
- You are a great negotiator and can deal with complex and difficult customers’ demands.
- You are communicative and provide your internal customers pro-actively with preventive information.
A career at BESIX is a lot more than just a job, it's about being part of our changing and innovative world. Your skills, ambition and passion will contribute to the development of our different businesses and allow us to succeed in the challenges of the coming years.
Working for the BESIX group allows you to be a part of a dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial company. It gives you a safe and collaborative working environment with ambitious and innovative goals for the world of tomorrow, but also for your career and personal development.
We are looking for different kinds of personalities, mindsets, backgrounds and genders to build the iconic and sustainable projects of tomorrow.
Are you ready to make an impact and leave a positive legacy for years to come? If you are passionate about our purpose to Excel in creating sustainable solutions for a better world, come and join our caring BESIX family. Together we will co-create our future.
Working at BESIX brings a lot of great benefits including:
- An attractive remuneration package including a salary in line with the market and a range of employee benefits such as flexible mobility advantages, extra-legal pension, medical care insurance, work-life balance program (such as teleworking, child care, flexible work schedule, mobile working), Health Management (sport, health check-up program, …)
- Career development programs that serve not only to ensure that you are constantly learning and improving but also that give you the possibility to expand your career horizon
- A dynamic, creative and safe working environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors (ideas, projects, goals, ambitions)
- Possibility to work on complex projects within both a local and international environment,
- The choice to remain locally anchored for the coming years or to seek an exciting international career opportunity within the group