Business Development Officer (GCC)
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
- Entities: Belhasa Six Construct Dubai
Six Construct, a subsidiary of the BESIX Group, is the largest Belgian construction company operating in the Middle East. The company combines the efforts of a highly skilled workforce, along with strategic planning and innovative use of technology to overcome the most complex business challenges. Six Construct is a multi-services company that operates in the construction of commercial and residential buildings, sport and leisure facilities, infrastructure and marine-related projects. The company currently has a massive workforce worldwide.
The Business Development Officer (BDO) initiates, expands and maintains business relationships with key stakeholders within the public and private sectors, mainly in Qatar. The BDO must be able to prospect on stakeholders’ current and future plans independently in order to achieve successful award of projects relevant to Contracting and Concessions business units.
The BDO must have the ability to articulate an in-depth understanding of the market environment in accordance with the company’s internal management reporting procedures.
Beyond the target region, the BDO should provide cross-functional support for various departments of different business units to ensure and facilitate a unified business management approach is implemented. Accordingly, the BDO should have knowledge and preferably experience in different types of sectors and activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain executive contact with key accounts, focusing on the establishment and maintenance of strategic relationships. Develop relationships with key account personnel at various levels. Identify shared goals, collaboratively builds ideas, influence actions.
- Drive prospects through to contract award (including identifying new customers and markets, developing approaches to the market, identifying prospects, proposal preparation, etc.)
- Works with proposal teams and client account managers or other business developers. Prepare and present business development proposals and presentations to new and existing clients.
- Collaborate with clients to ensure their ongoing satisfaction with the job delivered. Ensure coherence between the client’s needs and what the company offers.
- Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate service development ideas.
- Providing management with feedback and reports. Constantly update database (CRM - Salesforce).
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in an Engineering / Engineering Management discipline.
- English (written & spoken) is required while Arabic and/or French would be an advantage.
- At least 3-5 years experience in a similar role with exposure to full project life cycle, from inception and feasibility study to design, construction and operations.
- Capable of evaluating, understanding and discussing technical matters such as processes, drawings, contractual documents among other construction related matters.
- Capable of leading a service development plan for clients as a strategy of establishing new lines of business.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business.
- Extensive relationship management, customer network, and consultative business development.
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and computer literacy.
- Solution oriented through the application of advanced problem solving skills.
- Updated in innovative technologies, methods and solutions.
- Ability to achieve results through others without formalized line of authority.
- Skilled in engaging senior leadership support when appropriate.
We believe our employees are key to our success, hence, we offer an inspiring working environment where our people feel rewarded & engaged. Career opportunities & training programs are offered to help you develop both personally and professionally and we offer attractive additional benefits to your monthly remuneration.