- Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire
- Entities: BESIX Côte d'Ivoire
Since first going into action in 1909, the BESIX Group has over the years grown into a multidisciplinary company with a leading position in its markets: construction, property development and concessions. BESIX Contracting specializes in construction, infrastructure and marine works, often in contracts with a high level of complexity. In Benelux and France, the Group’s regional affiliates BESIX Infra, Belemco, Cobelba, Jacques Delens, Vanhout, Wust and Lux TP ensure a strong presence and a local approach. With Franki Foundations, West Construct, Socogetra, Sanotec and Van den Berg, the Group offers specialist niche solutions for the building market like deep foundations, geo-engineering, road construction, water treatment and cable and pipeline construction.
Backed by our experience in our home markets, we have built up strong positions outside Europe. A typical example is the Middle East, where over a 50 year period we have built up an impressive portfolio. This diversification in activities and geography pays off by reducing our risk exposure.
As a Construction Manager you are responsible for the management, development and planning of the construction works on site. You report directly to the Project Manager.
You coordinate and manage all site execution related tasks:
- You install and organize the construction site (logistics, materials, people);
- You are the first link between the Project Management and the Technical Office Management;
- You lead, coach and manage the site superintendent team;
- You direct work sequencing to expedite project delivery and to minimize disruption of ongoing operations;
- You plan the resources;
- You make sure that all QHSE procedures are correctly followed on site;
- You initiate and attend important site meetings
- You have a degree in construction engineering;
- You have proven a track record with a least 10 years of relevant working experience within a major construction company,
- You identify with our core competencies by possessing an entrepreneurial mind, showing flexibility, being innovative and result-oriented while promoting teamwork
- You possess excellent communication skills, an analytical mind and you are client focused;
- You are fluent in English and French, other languages are an asset;
A career at BESIX is a lot more than just a job, it's about being part of our changing and innovative world. Your skills, ambition and passion will contribute to the development of our different businesses and allow us to succeed in the challenges of the coming years.
Working for the BESIX group allows you to be a part of a dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial company which is now recognized as a Belgian Top Employer. It gives you a safe and collaborative working environment with ambitious and innovative goals for the world of tomorrow, but also for your career and personal development.
We are looking for different kinds of personalities, mindsets, backgrounds and genders to build the iconic and sustainable projects of tomorrow.
Are you ready to make an impact and leave a positive legacy for years to come? If you are passionate about our purpose to Excel in creating sustainable solutions for a better world, come and join our caring BESIX family. Together we will co-create our future.
Working at BESIX brings a lot of great benefits including:
- An attractive remuneration package including a salary in line with the market and a range of employee benefits such as flexible mobility advantages, extra-legal pension, medical care insurance, work-life balance program (such as teleworking, child care, flexible work schedule, mobile working), Health Management (sport, health check-up program, …)
- Career development programs that serve not only to ensure that you are constantly learning and improving but also that give you the possibility to expand your career horizon
- A dynamic, creative and safe working environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors (ideas, projects, goals, ambitions)
- Possibility to work on complex projects within both a local and international environment,
- The choice to remain locally anchored for the coming years or to seek an exciting international career opportunity within the group