- Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire
- Entities: BESIX Côte d'Ivoire
Since first going into action in 1909, the BESIX Group has over the years grown into a multidisciplinary company with a leading position in its markets: construction, property development and concessions. BESIX Contracting specializes in construction, infrastructure and marine works, often in contracts with a high level of complexity. In Benelux and France, the Group’s regional affiliates BESIX Infra, Belemco, Cobelba, Jacques Delens, Vanhout, Wust and Lux TP ensure a strong presence and a local approach. With Franki Foundations, Socogetra, Sanotec and Van den Berg, the Group offers specialist niche solutions for the building market like deep foundations, geo-engineering, road construction, water treatment and cable and pipeline construction.
Backed by our experience in our home markets, we have built up strong positions outside Europe. A typical example is the Middle East, where over a 50 year period we have built up an impressive portfolio. This diversification in activities and geography pays off by reducing our risk exposure.
For a building project in Abidjan, we're looking for a MEP Manager who will be first based in Paris for a couple months during the design phase, then (s)he'll be transferred to Abidjan for the execution phase of this project.
Reporting to the Project Director, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating the works of the MEP subcontractors, including Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning, Plumbing, Fire Protection, Electrical power, Low Currents systems, kitchen and elevator packages, throughout the duration of the project (from tendering phase through T&C and Handing over to Owner).
You will mainly be responsible for carrying out the following duties:
- manage your team of 3,4 MEP Coordinators
- ensure proper performances of the MEP subcontractors in term of schedule and budget;
- provide the planning input for the MEP works;
- provide advice and insight into estimating budgets ensuring all MEP components are included and price estimates are accurate and realistic;
- ensure correctness & quality of works executed by the MEP subcontractors;
- assist in technical coordination meetings with subcontractors and project staff;
- define maintenance requirements and evaluate warranty claims for all MEP systems;
- responsible for the as-built documents and drawings, for the performance tests, the commissioning and hand over, as well as for the snagging and the de-snagging control;
- coordinate the MEP design, purchasing and execution works by being interfacing between all parties involved (technical design office, architects, etc)
- ensure site works are executed correctly/efficiently, perform timely site inspections and quality tests, suggest improvements, and immediately inform construction team of problems in order to correct/repair site deficiencies without impacting cost/schedule and ensure MEP systems are operating as intended prior to occupancy by Owner/Client
- You are a French native speaker or you fluently speak French and you have a good knowledge in English; another language is an asset;
- You have an electromechanical engineering degree;
- You have a minimum of 15 to 20 years of relevant experience in MEP works (buildings);
- You have experience in handling and managing projects from A-Z, meaning from tendering phase to construction and commissioning;
- You possess in-depth practical and theoretical knowledge to deal with situations in a background of conceptual understanding;
- You identify with our core competencies by possessing an entrepreneurial mind, showing flexibility, being innovative and result-oriented while promoting teamwork;
- You equally possess excellent communication skills, an analytical mind and you are client focused;
- You show a flexibility to travel especially to Belgium for variable periods of time
A career at BESIX is a lot more than just a job, it's about being part of our changing and innovative world. Your skills, ambition and passion will contribute to the development of our different businesses and allow us to succeed in the challenges of the coming years.
Working for the BESIX group allows you to be a part of a dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial company which is now recognized as a Belgian Top Employer. It gives you a safe and collaborative working environment with ambitious and innovative goals for the world of tomorrow, but also for your career and personal development.
We are looking for different kinds of personalities, mindsets, backgrounds and genders to build the iconic and sustainable projects of tomorrow.
Are you ready to make an impact and leave a positive legacy for years to come? If you are passionate about our purpose to Excel in creating sustainable solutions for a better world, come and join our caring BESIX family. Together we will co-create our future.
Working at BESIX means getting a lot of interesting benefits:
- An attractive remuneration package including a salary in line with the market, flexible mobility advantages, teleworking, health & group insurance, meal vouchers, ….
- A career enhancement programs that serve not only to ensure that you are constantly learning and improving but also that give you the possibility to expand your career horizon
- A dynamic working environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors (ideas, projects, goals, ambitions)
- Possibility to work on complex projects both on local as an international environment
- Remain locally anchored for the coming years or dare for an international career opportunity within the group