Junior Geotechnical Engineer
- Brussels, Belgium
- Entities: BESIX NV/SA
Since first going into action in 1909, the BESIX Group has over the years grown into a multidisciplinary company with a leading position in its markets: construction, property development and concessions. BESIX Contracting specializes in construction, infrastructure and marine works, often in contracts with a high level of complexity. In Benelux and France, the Group’s regional affiliates BESIX Infra, Belemco, Cobelba, Jacques Delens, Vanhout, Wust and Lux TP ensure a strong presence and a local approach. With Franki Foundations, West Construct, Socogetra, Sanotec and Van den Berg, the Group offers specialist niche solutions for the building market like deep foundations, geo-engineering, road construction, water treatment and cable and pipeline construction.
Backed by our experience in our home markets, we have built up strong positions outside Europe. A typical example is the Middle East, where over a 50 year period we have built up an impressive portfolio. This diversification in activities and geography pays off by reducing our risk exposure.
BESIX Group is currently looking for a self-motivated, accountable and adventurer Junior Geotechnical Engineer to support our Engineering Department for the execution of the recent new contacts in Latvia, Egypt, Cameroon, Ivory Coast or Canada.
Your main base is Brussels, but you’re traveling often to Africa, Middle East and Northern Europe on a regular basis for short term-missions (few days, up to 4 weeks), for a cumulative duration of approximately 4 months/year. You’re good at communicating technical topics, both spoken and written, and are driven to provide high-quality geotechnical services and build sustained client and Project teams relationships.
You report to the Senior Engineering Geologist in Brussels and are constantly in contact with Site project teams worldwide and Engineering Department project teams in Brussels.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- join a dynamic company of motivated and hardworking professionals committed to delivering high quality engineering services ;
- work on various projects at concept and execution stages ;
- collaborate with project staff on technical aspects of challenging projects across the world ;
- assisting Engineers with producing engineering reports, plans/drawings and specifications ;
- execute site investigations, including drill rig supervision, core logging, field reconnaissance and coordination of laboratory testing programs ;
- work with our team of world recognized engineers ;
- Characterize material properties for geotechnical modeling, analyses and design.
- Originate geotechnical analyses and designs for cofferdams, traditional & specialty geo-structures, deep foundations, dredging and ground improvement programs.
As a Junior Geotechnical Engineer, recently graduated to 2 years of experience, you have a firm grasp of geotechnical concepts and are keen to apply these concepts to practice. We value your:
- strong academic performance in an accredited civil/geotechnical undergraduate or graduate level program ;
- demonstrated experience in geotechnical engineering practice ;
- interest in developing your field experience, including work on remote sites ;
- high-quality verbal and written communication skills in English and, Dutch or French ;
- ability to work alone in the field ;
- interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team.
Authorization to work in the European Union, travel internationally are requisites.
You are a responsible adventurer and you are safety-minded. You are curious about working in the desert or the rain forest? You dream about the sunset on a vessel in the Gulf Sea, or about experiencing the never-ending daylight above the Arctic Circle? You are aware about different cultures, different traditions and about the environment? Then we want to hear from you !
A career at BESIX is a lot more than just a job, it's about being part of our changing, innovative world, experiencing at first hand the challenging topics we have to face in the coming years. Being a part of the BESIX group is taking part in a very dynamic and entrepreneurial company with ambitious & innovative development plans. We are looking for different kinds of personalities, mindsets, backgrounds, genders, to build the iconic projects of tomorrow. With our purpose of Excel in creating sustainable solution for a better world, we are driving our company forward.
Are you ready to make an impact?
Working at BESIX means getting a lot of interesting benefits:
- An attractive remuneration package including a salary in line with the market, flexible mobility advantages, teleworking, health & group insurance, meal vouchers, ….
- A career enhancement programs that serve not only to ensure that you are constantly learning and improving but also that give you the possibility to expand your career horizon
- A dynamic working environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors (ideas, projects, goals, ambitions)
- Possibility to work on complex projects both on local as an international environment
- Remain locally anchored for the coming years or dare for an international career opportunity within the group