Junior Legal Counsel (Brussels)
- Brussels, Belgium
- Entities: BESIX NV/SA
Since first going into action in 1909, the BESIX Group has over the years grown into a multidisciplinary company with a leading position in its markets: construction, property development and concessions. BESIX Contracting specializes in construction, infrastructure and marine works, often in contracts with a high level of complexity. In Benelux and France, the Group’s regional affiliates BESIX Infra, Belemco, Cobelba, Jacques Delens, Vanhout, Wust and Lux TP ensure a strong presence and a local approach. With Franki Foundations, West Construct, Socogetra, Sanotec and Van den Berg, the Group offers specialist niche solutions for the building market like deep foundations, geo-engineering, road construction, water treatment and cable and pipeline construction.
Backed by our experience in our home markets, we have built up strong positions outside Europe. A typical example is the Middle East, where over a 50 year period we have built up an impressive portfolio. This diversification in activities and geography pays off by reducing our risk exposure.
Today, N.V. BESIX S.A. is looking for a motivated and dynamic Junior Legal Counsel (m/f) to join the legal department based in Brussels.
As Junior Legal Counsel you provide commercial and proactive legal support to business and management, which includes:
- preparation and review of construction and other agreements (including "overheidsopdrachten / marchés publics" and PPP’s), standard contracts, general terms and conditions;
- assistance in contract negotiations;
- legal risk management of existing contracts and assistance to construction sites;
- provision of legal advice related to the company's activities essentially at national level;
- when required, coordination with external lawyers and advisors;
- follow up of litigation and assistance to the company in legal disputes.
- You have a Belgian Master in law degree;
- You have 3 to 5 years of relevant experience as lawyer or as in-house legal counsel in the construction / real estate industry. Having experience in the field of commercial law is an asset;
- You are a native Dutch/French speaker with good knowledge of Dutch/French and/or English;
- You adopt a pragmatic business approach and understand the impact of legal issues on the broader business;
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and are able to work in a demanding environment;
- You are capable and willing to defend the company's contractual interest and advocate them accordingly internally and externally;
- You can switch quickly, but you always remain critical and accurate;
- You are flexible and capable of working efficiently in a fast evolving environment;
- You like to work in a team and enjoy sharing knowledge, but you are able to work independently and take on responsibilities.
A career at BESIX is a lot more than just a job, it's about being part of our changing, innovative world, experiencing at first hand the challenging topics we have to face in the coming years. Being a part of the BESIX group is taking part in a very dynamic and entrepreneurial company with ambitious & innovative development plans. We are looking for different kinds of personalities, mindsets, backgrounds, genders, to build the iconic projects of tomorrow. With our purpose of Excel in creating sustainable solution for a better world, we are driving our company forward.
Are you ready to make an impact?
Working at BESIX means getting a lot of interesting benefits:
- An attractive remuneration package including a salary in line with the market, flexible mobility advantages, teleworking, health & group insurance, meal vouchers, ….
- A career enhancement programs that serve not only to ensure that you are constantly learning and improving but also that give you the possibility to expand your career horizon
- A dynamic working environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors (ideas, projects, goals, ambitions)
- Possibility to work on complex projects both on local as an international environment
- Remain locally anchored for the coming years or dare for an international career opportunity within the group