Technical Office Civil Engineer
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Six Construct, a subsidiary of the BESIX Group, is the largest Belgian construction company operating in the Middle East. The company combines the efforts of a highly skilled workforce, along with strategic planning and innovative use of technology to overcome the most complex business challenges. Six Construct is a multi-services company that operates in the construction of commercial and residential buildings, sport and leisure facilities, infrastructure and marine-related projects. The company currently employs a workforce of 16,000 in the Middle East, and a total of 19,000 worldwide.
- You are a site based and site oriented engineer who is part of a team responsible for a specific part of a larger construction project;
- You are able to prepare and follow up valuations and measurements;
- You prepare and follow up all project deliverable (based on the contract documents) and data;
- You coordinate the planning, scheduling and monitoring of construction activities;
- You prepare the methods statements for the site activities in cooperation with the section head engineers;
- You assist in managing the cost analysis and cost control of site activities;
- You have the technical and contractual awareness to identify, establish and follow up variations.
- Assist the Site Resident Engineer by participating and overseeing aspects of civil engineering activities related to concrete structures, including: design, specifications and project management.
- Advises Site Manager, Construction Manager and contractors on the interpretation of structural concrete drawings and specifications and advises on additional details or clarifications required from project design;
- You show the ambition and energy for moving forward, you demand feedback and ask direct questions, you actively seek to improve service and quality;
- You work according to the established working methods and adjust behavior to changing circumstances;
- You work to achieve short-term results and ensure that the result is achieved as effectively and efficiently as possible;
- You understand your own role in the team, contribute to achieve the team goals and you fulfill agreements as made in a group context;
- You are responsible for specific tasks and/or parts of a project.;
- You know the responsibilities and goals of your own work and you plan your own day-to-day workload, with regular coaching to oversee the progress of your own work;
- You think within well-defined procedures and you offer standard solutions.
- You have a Degree in Civil Engineering in Construction;
- You have already a first work experience of 3 to 5 years in a construction company, preferably on larger construction projects;
- Middle East experience in highly preferred;
- Ability to read and interpret structural concrete drawings
We offer an attractive remuneration package including extra-legal benefits. We provide training and development programs within a professional environment and a growing market.