Manager Project Finance
- Brussels, Belgium
BESIX Group is the largest Belgian construction group, operating in the construction of buildings, infrastructure, environmental projects and roads. BESIX is also active in the production of raw materials, facility management, real estate development and concessions. It profiles itself as a multi-services group, from client idea to realization and operation. The Group was founded in 1909 and has grown steadily and impressively ever since. The group is meanwhile active in 22 countries and 4 continents and has 16.000 employees.
In 2017, the group achieved a turnover of EUR 2.4 bn euro. Thanks to its very strong balance sheet, with shareholders’ equity in excess of 600 mn euro and a strong net cash position, BESIX can tender worldwide for the most prestigious construction projects. The group’s controlling shareholders have strong Belgian anchoring, with the group’s headquarters in Brussels (Woluwe).
BESIX Group NV/SA is the holding of a conglomerate of subsidiaries all over the world, active in the construction and other related businesses.
The entity has a number of knowledge centres at the service of the different group entities.
As such centre of knowledge and expertise, Structured Finance provides the necessary support to assess the financial feasibility of, and to provide financing for the more complex projects of the group. Those projects concern e.g. the Design/Build/Finance and Maintain (whether as PPP or not) of locks, highways, tunnels, bridges, shopping centres, hospitals, schools, large buildings, real estate developments etc.
To support the continuous increasing activity of our group, we are currently looking for a Manager Structured Finance, who will have its primary focus on the Benelux market (with additionally and occasionally other potential assignments within Europe on a case by case basis) and who will
- Analyse projects from a non-recourse financing point of view and check their economical feasibility , supported by the necessary internal/external technical, commercial, legal and fiscal support
- Draft full business plans (including financial models, assumption books,…)
- Approach potential lenders (banks, insurance companies,…) and equity investors negotiate with them to obtain the most competitive financial structure for a project
- Work together with colleagues from other companies within the same consortium, to produce financial offers for tendering authorities and to ensure that our company’s interests are defended at all times
- Acquire a global view/position on more difficult (business) cases and be able to translate them into a presentation for the Executive Committee of the group
You will be part of the Structured Finance team, with direct reporting to, and coaching by a Senior Manager Structured Finance. The Structured Finance centre of knowledge reports to the Group Head Concessions & Assets.
- You have by preference a master in economics, commercial engineer, civil engineer or potentially another master which has been completed by a mathematical/economical master-after-master or equivalent experience
- You have roughly 5-10 years of working experience of which at least partially in project finance or related
- You are very fluent in Dutch and English and have a good knowledge of French
- You have an analytical mind, are accurate and have a high interest in financial and economic aspects
- You are a team player and can work autonomously
A career at BESIX is about a lot more than just building, it's about the cities of tomorrow - one of the most challenging topic we have to face in the next future. Being a part of the BESIX group is an opportunity to take a role in a very dynamic and entrepreneurial company with ambitious & innovative development plans. Are you ready to make an impact with your positive passion?
We offer you a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- An attractive remuneration package (company car, insurances, meal vouchers, bonus….)
- A career enhancement programs that serve not only to ensure that you are constantly learning and improving but also that give you the possibility to expand your career horizon
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors
- Possibility to work on complex projects & tasks in an international environment