HSE Advisor International Market
- Brussels, Belgium
The BESIX QHSE Department is looking for a HSE Advisor to manage projects for the international market.
The HSE advisor is the catalyst of the continuous HSE improvements trend and culture of safety shaping momentum.
The HSE Advisor represents BESIX’s HSE Department and is the first person of contact for the site(s). He/She is promoting, coordinating, implementing, facilitating, advising and following-up the sites on HSE regulations, BESIX’s HSE policies and principles.
- You take ownership of HSE operational monitoring, advising and performance of affected site(s) together with the BESIX Operational team;
- You represent the QHSE Department as first person of contact for the specific HSE related competences which are attributed to you from the BESIX HSE Competence Center;
- You perform internal HSE inspections & audits in line with the internal MS audit & inspection planning;
- You provide training for subjects related to your specific HSE related competences;
- You take responsibility and participate in specific HSE improvement actions in line with the yearly HSE action plan;
- You support the site in the implementation and application of the BESIX’s QHSE Policy and HSE related IMs procedures;
- You report Key Performance Indicators to the Regional HSE Manager and/or QHSE Business and Site Support Managers;
- You establish constructive working relationships with the Site, Construction Manager and operational leaders;
- You ensure the administrative follow up of the HSE Management system for your area;
- You facilitate the roll out of Corporate HSE programs (Behavioral based safety, HSE training programs, ect.);
- You follow and support operational activities (HSE aspects) from mobilization till demobilization of sites, this includes subcontractors and supply chain management.
- You are Health and Safety advisor level 1 or you have an equivalent international certification;
- You have at least a first relevant experience of 5 years in HSE;
- You preferably have experience in the construction industry;
- You are flexible to frequently travel (up to 60% of your time);
- You are fluent in English. Other languages are a plus;
- You possess an entrepreneurial mind, self-motivated, showing flexibility, being innovative and result-oriented while promoting teamwork;
- You equally possess excellent communication skills, an analytical mind and you are client focused;
Interested in the opportunity to work for the biggest Belgian construction company with large operations in Europe, the Middle East and Africa? Apply today! It would be great to meet you! We offer an attractive remuneration package including extra-legal benefits (company car, luncheon vouchers, group insurance, etc). We provide training and development programs within a professional environment and a growing market.