Financial & Business Controller
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Established in 1909, Besix Group is Belgian contracting company with presence in 4 continents, 12,500 employees and a turnover above 2Billion Euros. For more than 50 years, the Group has been active in the Middle East.
Within the Group, BESIX Concessions and Assets is a business unit specialized in developing & implementing full lifecycle infrastructure solutions for Public and Private Entities. Its activities are heavily relying on financial, technical, legal and commercial in-house expertise.
The Concessions and Assets has under management several companies and is actively working to develop more.
· Report performance (financial analysis) of nine subsidiaries on a monthly/quarterly basis to Head Office and Board of Directors.
· Supported subsidiaries in preparation of annual budgets/forecasts; worked with management and financial controllers.
· Act as a financial controller to subsidiaries: track actual versus forecasted performance (variance/margin analysis).
· Collaborate regularly with senior management of BESIX subsidiaries on business performance.
· Evaluate Greenfield infrastructure projects (PPP / concessions scheme) alongside business development team; responsibilities include financial modeling, scenario analyses and sensitivity analyses.
· Determine optimal capital structure and financing strategy for new projects in order to maximize return on investment.
· Redevelop business plans of existing BESIX projects (in cases of restructuring or sale of participation); evaluate acquisitions using due diligence and valuation techniques.
· Prepare information memorandums on selected opportunities for presentation to financial institution (banks, investors).
1. To ensure good financial coordination between all stakeholders
2. To prepare accurate and complete financial reporting to head office
3. To support preparation of management and Board of directors presentation
4. To support Business development and management by updating business plan/ Financial models
5. To support financial manager to seek for financing project
1. Depth and range of know-how
· Level of specialized knowledge required to perform the job: moderate (some specialized skills or knowledge pertaining to the specific job function - e.g. modelling, IFRS, Accounting, Financial Analysis, project finance basic knowledge).
· Planning and organizing high level (ability to plan and organize complex tasks and activities and ensure that all under his/her control are making effective use of their time and working on the issues of the highest priority).
· Communicating and influencing: moderate (able to communicate complex issues).
2. Problem solving
· Thinking environment: moderate.
· Thinking challenge: high (is capable of anticipating challenges and determining solutions to complex and intricate problems. Using foresight and experience to set policies and procedures and encourages all under his/her command to be pro-active in finding better and more effective ways of doing things).
· Freedom to act: moderate (for the most part, acts according to guidelines and procedures. Also gives input to potential changes to guidelines based on experience).
· Magnitude: high (his/her work and actions affect several different aspects of the organization potentially including some external stakeholders (client, suppliers, government, banks, lawyers, auditors, etc.).
· He or She should have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in financial control or financial analysis
· He or She should have sound knowledge of project finance, financial modelling
· He or She should possess recognized analytical skills, be able to communicate effectively his/her work or issues (in writing and orally), and must be fluent in English.
· He or She should be able to work under tight deadlines with a high degree of integrity.