Automation & Instrumentation Engineer
- Brussels, Belgium
Since first going into action in 1909, the BESIX Group has over the years grown into a multidisciplinary company with a leading position in its markets: construction, property development and concessions. BESIX Contracting specializes in construction, infrastructure and marine works, often in contracts with a high level of complexity. In Benelux and France, the Group’s regional affiliates BESIX Infra, Belemco, Cobelba, Jacques Delens, Vanhout, Wust and Lux TP ensure a strong presence and a local approach. With Franki Foundations, West Construct, Socogetra, Sanotec and Van den Berg, the Group offers specialist niche solutions for the building market like deep foundations, geo-engineering, road construction, water treatment and cable and pipeline construction.
Backed by our experience in our home markets, we have built up strong positions outside Europe. A typical example is the Middle East, where over a 50 year period we have built up an impressive portfolio. This diversification in activities and geography pays off by reducing our risk exposure.
BESIX Sanotec is the department of BESIX in charge of process and electromechanical engineering of any water and energy related project. Projects vary from waste water treatment plant, to industrial water, potable water, pumping station, etc.. mainly in EPC.
To reinforce the department we're looking for an Electrician & Instrumentation Engineer French or Dutch native speaker:
You manage the electrical, instrumentation & automation aspects of the bids once project is identified till start-up and is able to follow on site the installation and commissioning. You are also responsible to research the best solution, to select and follow-up the suppliers and subcontractors in coordination with the other scope for miscellaneous projects.
You are responsible for the electrical and automation basic design and the instrumentation selection. You negotiate technically with potential electrical and/or automation subcontractors. In doing so you will:
In proposal stage:
assist the proposal manager in establishing the best suited technical and price quotation, taken into account the specifications of the consultant and/or the client
assist the proposal manager in the technical negotiations with the consultant and/or client and with the potential electrical and automation subcontractors
In execution stage:
- You assist the project manager in defining the best (quality, commercial and technical) electrical, instrumentation and automation solution for the project, taken into account the specifications of the consultant and/or the client
- You assist the project manager in the technical negotiations with the consultant and/or client
- You assist the project manager in the technical negotiations with the potential electrical and automation subcontractors
- You follow-up the engineering and assist the site supervisor in the technical follow-up of the execution
- You assist the site supervisor and the project manager in the commissioning of the plant
- You ensure the technical coordination between client, engineering office and suppliers/subcontractors, this as well during proposal as during execution phase.
- You are flexible to travel for short periods (1 - 2 weeks)
- You have a degree in Electrical engineering or equivalent by experience;
- You have 3-5 years of a relevant working experience;
- You're fluent in English, Dutch and French (level C1 or above);
- You have a knowledge/experience in water treatment ;
- Experience in potable water, pumping station is an asset
Are you an Experienced Electrician & Instrumentation Engineer looking for a new challenge? If so, we have the job for you!
We offer an attractive remuneration package including extra-legal benefits. We provide training and development programs within a professional environment. For the long term, the BESIX group offers a wide variety of career opportunities within a growing international business environment.