- Brussels, Belgium
Since first going into action in 1909, the BESIX Group has over the years grown into a multidisciplinary company with a leading position in its markets: construction, property development and concessions. BESIX Contracting specializes in construction, infrastructure and marine works, often in contracts with a high level of complexity. In Benelux and France, the Group’s regional affiliates BESIX Infra, Belemco, Cobelba, Jacques Delens, Vanhout, Wust and Lux TP ensure a strong presence and a local approach. With Franki Foundations, West Construct, Socogetra, Sanotec and Van den Berg, the Group offers specialist niche solutions for the building market like deep foundations, geo-engineering, road construction, water treatment and cable and pipeline construction.
Backed by our experience in our home markets, we have built up strong positions outside Europe. A typical example is the Middle East, where over a 50 year period we have built up an impressive portfolio. This diversification in activities and geography pays off by reducing our risk exposure.
Reporting to a Manager Tendering or to the Director Estimating Contracting, you will be accountable to handle tender files in (marine works,) civil works or in buildings.
- You will be responsible for the cost analysis of a project;
- You will be in charge of the overall planning and control of a project and ensure its perfect comprehension with respect to deadlines, budget and content
- You will lead / be part of a team in charge of a project;
- You will handle/supervise the complete process of tender;
- You will lead / be part of meetings with partners, architects, consultants, sub-contractors, …
- Eventually you will be part of the team which will discuss the bid with the Client or his consultants;
- You will assist in the development/analyze of the planning and other internal documents
- You are civil or industrial engineer in construction;
- You have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience with expertise in estimating (marine_) or civil works projects or in building projects;
- You have a good knowledge of ICT;
- You are fluent in French and Dutch, with a very good knowledge of English;
- You are willing to travel occasionally
- You have a good knowledge of cost analysis and tenders;
- You gained some experience in the execution of construction projects;
- You have some experience to write and/or criticize method statements;
- You serve as a role model for your other team members;
- You seek consensus and are a good listener;
- You are an excellent communicator both to internal and external parties;
- You are able to negotiate at high level and in complex environments;
- You are professional, entrepreneurial and result-oriented;
- You have a high degree of flexibility and adaptability;
Are you a bilingual (F-NL) Engineer with an experience in estimating ? Would you like to work for the largest Belgian group, operating in the construction of buildings, infrastructure, marine & environmental projects ? Then BESIX is the company for you! We offer an attractive remuneration package including extra legal benefits (company car, luncheon vouchers, group insurance, etc). We provide training and development programs within a professional environment and a growing market.
We offer an attractive remuneration package including extra-legal benefits (luncheon vouchers, group insurance, teleworking, etc) and provide training and development programs within a professional environment to develop your competencies and skills. We value and reward performance and commitment.