- Saint Julian's, Malta
We are an international company specialised in sourcing hard-to-find and obsolete electronic components for a wide range of companies around the world. Our office is located at the vibrant area of St. Julian’s on the island of Malta. BD Electronics has a young and multilingual workforce with over ten languages spoken, such as English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Polish, Dutch, Finnish, Croatian, Slovak and Indian
1. Processes requisitions into approved purchase orders for the purpose of updating and distributing information and/or acquiring resources in compliance with established guidelines.
2. Locating the Product.
3. Informs other staff and vendors regarding procedural requirements (e.g. ordering and purchasing procedures, available funds, etc.) for the purpose of facilitating the purchasing process with established practices.
4. Negotiate Pricing , recognize market trends and ‘ in – demand items’ .
5. Responds to inquiries of staff and administration regarding purchasing procedures for the purpose of providing information, direction and/or referral for addressing inquiry.
6. Developing and maintaining business relationships with the vendors.
7. This position interfaces internally with the Sales Department and externally with Vendor Reps. Applicant should be able to work well with others, and must be detail oriented.
8. Reviews documents and data (e.g. incoming requisitions, past purchases, reconciliations, inventories, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring completeness and accuracy of purchasing process.
9. Conducts research on product availability, vendors, pricing, and specifications.
10. To maintain backorders and to liaise with suppliers on the delivery times of purchase orders.
1. Completed at least Bachelor’s degree with Excellent level in English.
2. Communication and Interpersonal Skills. ( A fast speaker )
3. Proactive with high motivation and Positive attitude.
4. Ability to complete tasks in an accurate and timely fashion.
5. Ability to review, analyse, and differentiate detailed vendor and service provider specifications.
6. Experience in purchasing is preferable.
7. Outgoing and brave
Internship: duration 3-6 months
Available from April 2017
Salary 150 euro/month