Technical Writer/Training Administrator
- 75 Josons Dr, Rochester, NY 14623, USA
BCC Software is the leading postal and presort software solutions provider. With 40 years of industry experience, we are dedicated to ensuring that all of our software products and marketing solutions are always ahead of the curve and compliant with the latest USPS® regulations.
This position is responsible for developing internal/external training content and business documentation. In addition, this individual acts as the training administrator for learning management functions including technology, collateral and processes.
Training Content Development
- Researches, designs and creates training content including but not limited to, training workbooks, ELS, webinars, e-learning, and audio/video training. This also includes evaluating content, formatting, proof reading, and archiving.
- Applies principles of graphic, instructional, user-interface and information design to create appropriate, web-based interactive training materials based on the audience needs.
- Designs interactive objects that teach concepts, procedures, or applied knowledge.
- Provides content for standard and customized training services for BCC products and services to meet internal and external customer requirements via onsite or web-based delivery.
- Continuously enhance technical instructional delivery methodology.
- Ensures the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle.
- Maintains Technical Resource page in the Customer Portal.
- Develops and implements training curriculum for internal departments.
Business Content Development
- Creates and maintains all business continuity plans (BCP) and supporting documentation, such as templates, polices, procedures, and training material to ensure the continuity of business.
- Works with IT/Enterprise/DMS to further develop our Disaster Recovery plan to complement our BCP.
- Works with IT/Enterprise in creating required documentation to support security related initiatives including SOC II audits and customer security assessments.
- Works with managers to create, maintain and archive BCC policies, procedures and business forms.
- Administrates all LMS and webinar support tools including but not limited to Adobe Connect, GoToWebinar and Inspired eLearning.
- Researches and implements mandatory security, harassment and BCP training tools.
- Schedules training workshops and manage registrations using event management tools in Adobe Connect, follow up with customers as required.
- Works with Marketing to create training collateral for advertising.
- Ensures operation of training equipment by maintaining equipment integrity, equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment and technologies.
- Performs various assignments as needed assisting management in accomplishing training objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Technical Communications, Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven technical experience in documentation and software applications.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Technical Communication Suite (FrameMaker, Captivate and Acrobat) desired.
- Experience in Business Continuity Planning, Cybersecurity best practices, SOC 2 compliance a plus.
In addition to a dynamic work environment, we offer outstanding benefits. Direct hires will have immediate benefits eligibility. Our benefits package includes:
- Three company sponsored Health Plans to choose from
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) for those that choose a High Deductible Health Plan
- Company paid Life and Accident Insurance, with the option to add additional coverage
- Company paid Enhanced Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) with immediate company match
- Paid Time Off, plus Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Other perks include:
- Active social committee that plans regular company events inside and outside of the office
- Collaborative culture that embraces new ideas
- Business casual work environment
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Career paths with room for advancement
BCC Software provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employee may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically present in this description.