Senior Group Life Underwriter - Muscat, Oman
- Muscat, Muscat, Oman
THE CLIENT: One of the largest all-line Insurance companies in Oman.
- Motor Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Property Insurance
- Marine Cargo & Hull Insurance
- Life Insurance
- General Accident Insurance
- Engineering Insurance
- Liability Insurance
- Aviation Insurance
- Medical Insurance
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluates, documents, and communicates risk assessment on Group life applications and quick quotes in keeping with company and client's guidelines.
- Maintains open communication with client personnel, medical directors and associates in order to develop strong relationships and promote trust.
- Uses tact and empathy when dealing with financial representatives, clients, medical personnel and department support when discussing a risk or obtaining underwriting information.
- Respects and maintains the privacy of a clients' personal information disclosed in the risk appraisal process.
- Summarizes information and discusses application with management, medical director or reinsurers as needed.
- Ensures workflow and time standards are maintained.
- Provides retention/reinsurance awareness.
- Maintains awareness of changes in industry initiative (legislation, product development, etc.) and principles of risk selection (medical and non-medical).
- Experience in Underwriting and Claims; Group Credit Life, Group Life, Workmen Compensation..)
- Minimum 10 years experience in the Insurance Industry with 3 years experience in the same post.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to interact effectively with agents and support staff.
- Excellent time management, decision-making, problem-solving and organization skills.
- Extensive knowledge of industry operations and product knowledge of past and present product portfolio.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of non-medical risks such as occupation, aviation, avocation, driving and foreign travel.
- Knowledge of risk factors, particularly medical terms and their effect on assumptions and large case management
- Heavy experience in workflow system methods, knowledge of successful operation of underwriting department.
- Strong organization skills, technical skills in underwriting & attention to detail with high level accuracy.
- Excellent written, oral communication and comprehension skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- High-level initiative, follow-through & accountability for actions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a constantly-changing environment.
- Able to adapt to new methods, work under deadlines, and apply an advanced level of investigative, analytical and problem solving skills.