Director of Operations (Insurance Provider) - Oman
- Muscat, Muscat, Oman
THE CLIENT: One of the largest all-line Insurance companies in Oman.
- Motor Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Property Insurance
- Marine Cargo & Hull Insurance
- Life Insurance
- General Accident Insurance
- Engineering Insurance
- Liability Insurance
- Aviation Insurance
- Medical Insurance
REPORTS TO: CEO
Direct Reports: 3
Indirect Reports: 16
- Develop and formulate the operations objectives, policies, systems and procedures pertaining to the company’s activities.
- Utilize/supervise the branches, the sales team, and marketing resources in the best way possible to generate the required profitable book of business in line with the company’s policies and objective.
- Develop relations with corporations to develop the portfolio of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, participate and supervise expansion activities and business development and ensure continuity of business.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Working together with key participants to compile budget
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Overseeing marketing initiatives and implementing better business practices
- Ensure proper implementation of established policies and procedures in the departments
- Suggest improvements in the policies and procedures of the departments
- Review the monthly production and prepare the needed responses
- Ensure that the Operations Department records are well-maintained and updated
- Follow up the sales, receivables and recoveries functions fo the branches, sales team, corporations to the CEO
- Review new competitive products in the market in coordination with the Business Development Manager, and, prepare the needed technical presentation to be forwarded to the CEO.
- Carries out targeted visits to the branches to follow up on operations when needed or when requested by the CEO
- Interviews new applicants with HODs
- Determines with HR the training needs of the staff and takes responsibility to see that the training is carried out
- Work with HR in organizing and managing in-house seminars and training courses
- Evaluate staff performance
- Produce periodical reports analysing the Departments' overall operations and discuss the reports with the CEO
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested by the CEO
- Participate in the executive and Administrative Committee
- Approve the training needs of employees
- Approve the attendance of seminars for Branch Manager per approved budget
- Participate in the business planning and annual budget plan of the company
- Ensure adherence of company's budgets and annual plans
- Follow up business operations and report to the CEO
- Help in solving problems that may arise in the branches
- Present and discuss with the CEO the branches' operations
- Present to the CEO reports on the markets containing comments or new ideas and service lines
- Evaluate the performance of managers in coordination with the CEO
- Participate in planning and implementation of all marketing activities
- Undertake any other assignments as per CEO's request.
- BsC / Business Administration or relevant fields
- Preferably with Master's Degree
- Advance Diploma in Insurance
- Minimum 15 years experience, 10 years in Insurance Industry, and at least 5 years in the same role.
- Fluent in English and Arabic language