Warehouse Assistant Manager
- 340 El Camino Real, Salinas, CA 93901, USA
With a base of more than 6,000 active clients, B2B Industrial Packaging sells packaging products, such as strapping, banding and stretch film, for clients primarily in the Central Great Lakes, Northern California, Oregon, Washington, Dallas and Houston areas. Our highly experienced reps are an excellent resource for clients who need help with packaging challenges and logistics. B2B Industrial's 6-Point Best Service, Best Solutions Pledge ensures a best practice combination of customized products and expert services at attractive prices.
We’re seeking a diligent Assistant Warehouse Manager to join our fast growing and dynamic team. This is a great opportunity for an organized self-starter that can inspire others to succeed. We are willing to pay up to $60,000 for the right candidate.
We drive ourselves every day to push the boundaries, improve the processes, and deliver unexpected client service. Just imagine what you could do here!
- Maintains receiving and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Receive, inspect and store all standard storeroom stock and special order parts.
- Track inventory and maintain proper stock levels by devising appropriate amounts to assure adequate quantities are available
- Obtain quotes and negotiate comparative prices, order parts from vendors, and work within budget constraints.
- Possess basic computer skills with the ability to use typical office programs.
- Ensure that all inventory transactions are properly documented in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Issues parts and equipment to craftsman.
- Act as the warehouse manager in his absence.
- Operate forklift and other basic lifts and labor saving devices.
- Practice safe warehouse procedures, identify potential hazards, and recommend improvements to standard procedures.
- Issue shared equipment maintained in the storeroom.
- Maintain the storeroom in a neat, orderly and efficient fashion.
- Perform related tasks as required.
- Positive attitude
- Strong sense of urgency with proven ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to direct others effectively
- Customer service experience
- Good work ethics, honest, dependable
- Good communicator/verbally and written
- Computer proficient
- 2-5 years of experience working in a warehouse
- Adapt Quickly - able to manage expectations and quickly adjust to changing priorities throughout different levels of the organization.
- Multitask - ability to manage multiple projects and priorities being driven by various managers and functional areas.
- Learner Attitude - driven to constantly learn and adapt to new technologies and solutions.
- Initiative - ability to begin and follow through energetically with a plan.
Compensation includes a very competitive wage (up to $60,000 per year) along with a full benefits package: up to 3 weeks paid time off, health, dental, vision, ST/LT disability, life insurance, and 401(k).
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.