- Addison, IL
With a base of more than 4,000 active clients, B2B Industrial Packaging sells products, such as strapping and banding, for clients primarily in the Central Great Lakes, Northern California, Dallas, and Houston areas. Their highly experienced reps are an excellent resource for clients who need help with packaging challenges and logistics. B2B Industrial's 6-Point Best Service, Best Solutions Pledge ensures a best practice combination of customized products and expert services at attractive prices.
We’re seeking a diligent Purchasing Assistant to join our fast growing and dynamic team. This is a great opportunity for an organized self-starter that can inspire others to succeed. This position is part-time up to 30 hours a week.
We drive ourselves every day to push the boundaries, improve the processes, and deliver unexpected client service. Just imagine what you could do here!
- Creating and maintaining inventory and spreadsheets
- Maintain strong working relationships with our Vendors
- Review Purchasing Orders with Vendors and maintain open lines of communication
- Highly Organized
- Strong sense of urgency with proven ability to multi-task
- Good work ethics, honest, dependable
- Good communicator/verbally and written
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Adapt Quickly - able to manage expectations and quickly adjust to changing priorities throughout different levels of the organzation.
- Multitask - ability to manage mulitple projects and priorities being driven by various managers and functional areas.
- Learner Attitude - driven to contantly learn and adapt to new technologies and solutions.
- Initiative - ability to begin and follow through energetically with a plan.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.