Senior Naval architect
- Basingstoke, UK
Avvia French / italian Recruiting company specialized in Offshore energy market
We are looking for a Naval Architect with experience in the offshore industry, able to perform and check engineering activities and their documentation for shallow, deep and ultra-deep water oil & gas fields. He/she shall be able to coordinate engineering activities and, at the same time, to guarantee the whole system integrity with respect to projects objectives, international standards and regulations, Company standards and engineering best practices as well as safety, cost and reliability.
Candidates must have demonstrable work experience in an engineering company, with particular experience in detail design of oil and gas floating structures and fixed platforms.
Main objectives of the role:
· Select and design the best technical solution as far as floating structures are concerned;
· Preparation of ITT dossier;
· Design and follow-up the FPSO and FLNG design (both new-built and converted);
· Platforms Installation;
· Check contractor design;
· Coordinate design activities ensuring technical support during execution phases;
· Define tender documentation and carry out technical evaluations of tender;
· Ensure interface between different Contractors and the Company;
· Attend technical and coordination meetings;
· Provide assistance during audit and Peer Review;
Experience and Skills:
Candidates must have experience of the following:
· detail design of oil and gas floating structures;
· Installation analysis
· FPSO design (new-built as well as converted);
· ship and floating structure design with respect to:
structural sizing of primary and secondary structures;
stability checks; marine system design (ballast, bilge, slop , inert gas etc.);
environmental loads and their effect on the floating structures in order to define mooring system and mooring pattern;
according to the most used Classification Society and international standards;
· definition and flow-up of tender documentation for ship and floating structures;
· experience with computer tools relevant to perform above activities (e.g. Orcaflex, MOSES, DNV/SESAM, MARS2000, Patran etc)
· Windows OS, Microsoft Office package AUTOCAD or similar
Ideally candidates should have a Masters degree in Naval Engineering.
There may be some business travel abroad.
Naval architecture degree
Work duration: 1 year (renewable)