Client Specialist On-Site
Vestcom is the industry leader in technology-driven shelf-edge solutions for Retailers and CPGs. Our data-integrated media solutions drive sales and loyalty, engaging shoppers where it matters most – the point of decision. Our patented innovation has been trusted by top retailers for more than 30 years to drive productivity and profitable growth. For our growing team of over 1000 employees, Vestcom offers the stability of an established company with the entrepreneurial spirit and fast-paced environment of a start-up.
Vestcom’s core values are at the heart of our organization, representing our fundamental beliefs and serving as our guiding light in for how we conduct business and interact with each other.
- OUR TEAMS - Our colleagues and our client define our team.
- OUR INTEGRITY - Our colleagues and clients rely upon us to deliver.
- OUR INGENUITY - Our colleagues and clients look to us for unique solutions.
- OUR PERFORMANCE - Our colleagues and clients team with us to win.
Vestcom is a standalone business unit of Avery Dennison, a Fortune 500 leader in materials science and packaging materials. Learn more at www.vestcom.com.
Working autonomously, regularly exercising independent judgment and discretion with limited supervision, the Client Specialist/On-Site is responsible for ensuring client business objectives and schedules are met through proactive planning and thorough project management, thus ensuring an exceptional client experience. This position is an individual contributor who is the primary point of contact for a major, significantly high-revenue assigned client and provides day-to-day client relationship management, including autonomously negotiating and committing to client deliverables and independently investigating and resolving client concerns on behalf of the Company.
► Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage 1 major client account with several million dollars in annual revenue.
- Master assigned client’s business processes and organization to provide excellent service to the client.
- Negotiate client specific Service Level Agreement deviations and impact.
- Evaluate individual responsibilities and use initiative and resourcefulness to develop new methods, criteria or propose new policies relating to client specific projects.
- Work closely with client and Vestcom Sales, Creative, IT, and Operations departments to establish clear and concise project specifications and production requirements.
- Serve as the “face” of the company as the primary day-to-day relationship manager between assigned client and Vestcom.
- Manage and communicate directly with client to coordinate individual print and fulfillment projects.
- Provide direction and guidance to client on new initiatives and requests.
- Communicate and follow through with concise client objectives, schedules, and requirements to direct various Vestcom departments and associates.
- Owns issues resolution process - Investigate, escalate, address, and independently resolve issues, complaints and concerns of both client and internal workflow.
- Initiate invoice credit requests when necessary based on complaint resolution of incorrect pricing/freight or quantity discrepancies. Follow through to end for completion with appropriate teams.
- Evaluate and determine when committing to expedited, un-billed shipping methods is necessary to ensure client’s delivery requirements are met.
- Evaluate and recommend whether committing to delivering client product will require print production overtime to meet the client-dictated timing.
- Assist sales team with the launch of new projects, initiatives, and enhancements to current processes.
- Prepare and oversee job management and process workflows.
- Oversee and independently manage jobs associated with assigned account, including receipt of client data, job planning, schedule planning, product quality, internal and external communications.
- Collaborate with Sales, Client Experience, IT, and production to ensure timely completion of jobs.
- Identify new revenue opportunities within assigned account and communicate to the Sales team accordingly.
- Ensures compliance with internal policies, procedures and internal controls in accordance with the Sarbanes- Oxley Act 2002 Section 404.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or similar field
- At least 3 to 5 years related business experience and/or training in client service; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Must possess the ability to be diplomatic with challenging clients.
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills. Must be able to prepare and effectively present information to large and small groups, to employees, and to management
- Ability to work in a collaborative and participative, team-oriented environment, working with clients (both internal and external), all employees, and others in a professional manner.
- Self-starter who can work independently in a fast-paced environment; proactively managing projects from inception through final delivery, problem solving and reprioritizing to meet needs.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, delivering against deadlines; with keen attention to detail to ensure highest quality of deliverables.
- Skilled in effectively utilizing a variety of software programs including Power Point, Google mail, Excel, Access, Word, ERP, and retail and client specific proprietary software required.
- Ability to embody and reflect Vestcom’s core values.
- Travel may be required as needed.
- All Vestcom employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers.
- All Vestcom employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
- All Vestcom employees are expected to comply with Vestcom policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace
► Supervisory Responsibilities
► Management Disclaimer
Vestcom’s Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or Vestcom may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.