Distribution Technician - 1st Shift, 6am - 6pm
Vestcom is the industry leader in technology-driven shelf-edge solutions for Retailers and CPGs. Our data-integrated media solutions drive sales and loyalty, engaging shoppers where it matters most – the point of decision. Our patented innovation has been trusted by top retailers for more than 30 years to drive productivity and profitable growth. For our growing team of over 1000 employees, Vestcom offers the stability of an established company with the entrepreneurial spirit and fast-paced environment of a start-up.
Vestcom’s core values are at the heart of our organization, representing our fundamental beliefs and serving as our guiding light in for how we conduct business and interact with each other.
- OUR TEAMS - Our colleagues and our client define our team.
- OUR INTEGRITY - Our colleagues and clients rely upon us to deliver.
- OUR INGENUITY - Our colleagues and clients look to us for unique solutions.
- OUR PERFORMANCE - Our colleagues and clients team with us to win.
Vestcom is a standalone business unit of Avery Dennison, a Fortune 500 leader in materials science and packaging materials. Learn more at www.vestcom.com.
Support all supervisors and operators with operational functions of quality control, label inspection and separation, store separation, packaging, special instructions and shipping in order to meet the delivery deadlines of each customer while maintaining all quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include but may not be limited to the following:
- Accurately inspects, separates and slots and packages all label/print products.
- Insures ALL quality control standards are being maintained.
- Uses ERP system (TCM) to log time and materials accurately and follows department guidelines for TCM activities.
- Ensures all shipments are completed and all packages are shipped to the correct person or place as directed by the daily job schedule or as instructed by their supervisor, job ticket or customer special instructions.
- Communicates any problems or quality issues, due to printing, laminating or shipping errors to the appropriate individuals.
- Communicates with all courier companies and drivers about delays in shipping, special courier deliveries, and anything else that affects our customer deliveries.
- Follows any other instructions given by supervisors and/or management to complete other tasks or projects, ensuring the objectives are accomplished accurately and within the timeframe allotted.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work area, uses required PPE, and follows all safety rules and procedures.
- May be required to work overtime or on another shift as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year job related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Stands 2/3 to full time on the shift daily.
2. Uses hands and fingers to handle, and feel 1/3 to 2/3 of the shift daily.
3. Reaches with hands and arms 1/3 to 2/3 of the shift daily.
4. Lifts between 25 and 50 pounds 1/3 of the shift daily.
5. Requires distance vision (clear vision at 20-feet or more).
6. Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Some overtime required and/or voluntary