Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and digital identification solutions company that provides branding and information labeling solutions, including pressure-sensitive materials, radio-frequency identification (RFID) inlays and tags, and a variety of converted products and solutions. The company designs and manufactures a wide range of labeling and functional materials that enhance branded packaging, carry or display information that connects the physical and the digital, and improve customers’ product performance. The company serves an array of industries worldwide, including home and personal care, apparel, e-commerce, logistics, food and grocery, pharmaceuticals and automotive. The company employs approximately 36,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2022 were $9.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
At Avery Dennison, some of the great benefits we provide are:
- Health & Wellness benefits starting on day 1 of employment
- Paid parental leave
- 401K eligibility
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program eligibility / Health Advocate
- Paid vacation and Paid holidays
The Quality Manager is a member of the Plant Leadership Team reporting directly to the Plant Manager. They are responsible for planning and directing the activities of the Quality Team and key initiatives for the facility. This role often calls for the derivation and application of new or unique approaches. The Quality Manager will partner with the technical teams to formulate, recommend and direct research and development programs to meet organization needs for the quality improvement and cost reduction of both existing and new products and processes. In this role you will facilitate the transfer of technologies throughout various areas of the organization, evaluate new products, review and analyze technical literature and know the latest on related issues and technical data.
Your primary responsibilities and essential functions include:
- Develop and execute a cross functional plan to achieve site quality objectives (claim rate, claim credits, complaint responsiveness, customer satisfaction rate, process capability, ISO compliance, etc.).
- Support development and management of a divisional strategy including the creation of a team operating plan with actionable goals to create competitive advantage.
- Instill an employee quality culture that aggressively identifies and solves quality-related issues.
- Interact regularly with engineering, manufacturing and commercial functions to establish quality standards for raw material, work in process, and finished products and ensure sufficient process capability to consistently meet those standards.
- Recommend and lead cross-functional project teams and collaborate with all functions, levels of the organization, customers, and suppliers.
- Lead, coach and develop quality planteam members to achieve peak performance.
- Travel (10%) to Customers, suppliers, other LGM locations to achieve objectives.
- Develop, maintain, and ensure compliance with quality assurance programs, policies, processes, and procedures under ISO 9001.
- Lead the site (internal) Corrective Action process.
- Develop and improve the off machine inspection and testing plan, and manage inspections, lab testing and calibrations.
- Lead ISO and FSC audits of cross-division LGM-NA sites (lead 2 audits per year).
- Manage Internal and external audit follow up to gain and maintain certifications.
- Manage the site’s document control system. Comply with divisional document requirements.
- Provide training on quality system requirements and manage the site’s document training process.
- Support site Management of Change and Temporary Operating Deviation processes for the site.
Quality System Performance and Continuous Improvement
- Deploy and maintain a quality improvement strategy, including regular, documented team reviews of progress.
- Actively participate in cross-division quality meetings to share and optimize best practices.
- Provide on-call quality support; process watching production runs
- Customer Claims
- Lead calls with internal and external Customers.
- Lead claim investigations including containment, cause analysis, corrective action, and risk mitigation.
- Complete corrective action reports to Customers.
- Supplier Quality
- Lead calls with suppliers.
- Enter claims to suppliers, request corrective actions and audit the effectiveness of resultant corrective actions.
- Conduct supplier audits.
New Product Qualification
- Work with product design teams to ensure new products meet quality expectations.
- Review and approve commercialization of products into the site.
- Work with process engineers to enable targeted process capability.
- B.S. in chemical, mechanical, industrial engineering material sciences or related area preferred.
- 4-6+ years manufacturing, engineering or related experience, with supervisory or lead experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing policies, procedures, process, programs, and practices under ISO 9001 (or a similar quality system) to ensure continuous improvement, conformance and effectiveness of Quality System. Statistical analysis and problem solving skills (Six Sigma).
- Demonstrated experience with effective Corrective and Preventative Action processes to ensure process improvement and auditing results.
- Able to to quickly acclimate to complex organization: build and develop functional relationships, gain knowledge of products, develop analytical and reporting skills, learn multiple computer-based quality, inventory, and internet/ intranet applications.
- Certified Quality Engineer, Affiliation with ASQ, or other related certifications and affiliations preferred.
- Lean manufacturing or Six Sigma related experience preferred.
- Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes and function specific software.
- Strong math and analytical skills. Strong organization and attention to detail. Strong scientific and engineering knowledge.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact (440)534-6000 or [email protected] to discuss reasonable accommodations.