Label Machine Operator (Night shift)
Vestcom is the industry leader in technology-driven shelf-edge solutions for Retailers and CPGs. Our data-integrated media solutions drive sales and loyalty, engaging shoppers where it matters most – the point of decision. Our patented innovation has been trusted by top retailers for more than 30 years to drive productivity and profitable growth. For our growing team of over 1000 employees, Vestcom offers the stability of an established company with the entrepreneurial spirit and fast-paced environment of a start-up.
Vestcom’s core values are at the heart of our organization, representing our fundamental beliefs and serving as our guiding light in for how we conduct business and interact with each other.
- OUR TEAMS - Our colleagues and our client define our team.
- OUR INTEGRITY - Our colleagues and clients rely upon us to deliver.
- OUR INGENUITY - Our colleagues and clients look to us for unique solutions.
- OUR PERFORMANCE - Our colleagues and clients team with us to win.
Vestcom is a standalone business unit of Avery Dennison, a Fortune 500 leader in materials science and packaging materials. Learn more at www.vestcom.com.
Performs the operational functions of data manipulation on various types of label equipment within the department to meet production quality standards and deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include but may not be limited to the following:
- Operates the label machines properly and efficiently in order to meet production deadlines according to the daily job schedule.
- Minimizes waste or misuse of raw materials.
- Communicates label production issues with the Production Supervisor or the Manager.
- Maintains a daily and weekly schedule of cleaning and maintenance for the machines within the department.
- Performs distribution functions as needed.
- Maintains inventory levels of raw materials within the production areas.
- Keeps an accurate log of raw materials used in the production of labels. Logs date and ID number of cartons of product to maintain a FIFO inventory and to identify any quality control problems with raw materials.
- Uses TCM system to log each job accurately and correctly to record time and materials for each job.
- Responsible for maintenance of all dies.
- Keeps all work areas safe, clean and in good condition.
- Follows any other instructions given by supervisors and/or management to complete other tasks or projects, ensuring the objectives are accomplished accurately and within the timeframe allotted.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work area, uses required PPE, and follows all safety rules and procedures.
- May be required to work overtime or on another shift as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year job related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ideal candidate will possess prior experience running digital inkjet presses and have strong mechanical and computer aptitude. Operators are responsible for operating a machines at budgeted waste and production numbers while ensuring that safety and quality policies and procedures are followed, as well as ensuring that production meets the targeted service goals and cost objectives.
- Strong candidates should have experience in variable data printing and/or mailing services. Must be detail-oriented, a self-starter and have the demonstrated ability to prioritize while maintaining high levels of organization, productivity and versatility. Candidates must also possess a sense of urgency, high energy, a great attitude with excellent communication skills.
- Further relevant experience is in set up and operations of intelligent and generic inserters (DM10 or Flow Master) as well as print bindery equipment like stitchers, perfect binders, cutters, custom trimmers, folders, mailers, tippers and poly wrappers.
Vestcom’s Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or Vestcom may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Nights (D Shift) Wednesday 1159PM - 6AM, Thursday - Saturday 6PM - 6AM