Digital Print Operator (Night Shift)
Vestcom is the industry leader in technology-driven shelf-edge solutions for Retailers and CPGs. Our data-integrated media solutions drive sales and loyalty, engaging shoppers where it matters most – the point of decision. Our patented innovation has been trusted by top retailers for more than 30 years to drive productivity and profitable growth. For our growing team of over 1000 employees, Vestcom offers the stability of an established company with the entrepreneurial spirit and fast-paced environment of a start-up.
Vestcom’s core values are at the heart of our organization, representing our fundamental beliefs and serving as our guiding light in for how we conduct business and interact with each other.
- OUR TEAMS - Our colleagues and our client define our team.
- OUR INTEGRITY - Our colleagues and clients rely upon us to deliver.
- OUR INGENUITY - Our colleagues and clients look to us for unique solutions.
- OUR PERFORMANCE - Our colleagues and clients team with us to win.
Vestcom is a standalone business unit of Avery Dennison, a Fortune 500 leader in materials science and packaging materials. Learn more at www.vestcom.com.
Complete print jobs independently. Maintain appropriate set-up to start-up time ratio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following:
- Assists in the manufacture of a quality product, which meets and or exceeds customer expectations and consistently meet product specifications.
- Match color
- Maintain color consistency
- Learn/retain and follow all QA/QC procedures.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on equipment correctly and on schedule
- Works consistently and efficiently with minimum disruptions.
- Follows through on responsibilities, assignments, and instructions.
- Assists with make-ready and the start-up of running jobs.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe work area, uses required PPE, and follows all safety rules and procedures.
- May be required to work overtime or on another shift as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required including all safety policies and procedures.
Education and or Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have at least one to two years related experience and/or training.
- Stands 2/3 to full time on the shift daily.
- Uses hands and fingers to handle, and feel 1/3 to 2/3 of the shift daily.
- Reaches with hands and arms 1/3 to 2/3 of the shift daily.
- Lifts between 25 and 50 pounds 1/3 of the shift daily.
- Requires distance vision (clear vision at 20-feet or more).
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in a manufacturing environment. Continuous, high to moderate levels of noise require hearing protection to be worn at all times. To ensure the associate's safety, when working in the manufacturing environment, safety glasses and any other applicable safety equipment are required. Exposure to chemicals, inks, and coatings requires the appropriate PPE to be worn when handling.
Hours for C Shift: Sunday - Tuesday: 6PM - 6AM, Wed: 6PM to 12PM