Vestcom is the industry leader in technology-driven shelf-edge solutions for Retailers and CPGs. Our data-integrated media solutions drive sales and loyalty, engaging shoppers where it matters most – the point of decision. Our patented innovation has been trusted by top retailers for more than 30 years to drive productivity and profitable growth. For our growing team of over 1000 employees, Vestcom offers the stability of an established company with the entrepreneurial spirit and fast-paced environment of a start-up.
Vestcom’s core values are at the heart of our organization, representing our fundamental beliefs and serving as our guiding light in for how we conduct business and interact with each other.
- OUR TEAMS - Our colleagues and our client define our team.
- OUR INTEGRITY - Our colleagues and clients rely upon us to deliver.
- OUR INGENUITY - Our colleagues and clients look to us for unique solutions.
- OUR PERFORMANCE - Our colleagues and clients team with us to win.
Vestcom is a standalone business unit of Avery Dennison, a Fortune 500 leader in materials science and packaging materials. Learn more at www.vestcom.com.
The Facilities Manager plays a key role in supporting the Operations organization and all production locations. Responsibility for the management and coordination of activities related to assigned facilities and grounds including operations (maintenance and repairs), building construction and renovation projects, energy management, facility assessment and reporting and services management and standardization.
► Key Areas of Responsibility
- Model and promote the Corporation’s Code of Business Ethics and Values.
- Train and provide development opportunities for staff. Ensure annual goals are complete and communicated.
- Monitor and evaluate team members and adjust training where needed.
- Attract, retain and develop high potential talent.
- Perform general management duties, exercising usual authority concerning staff, performance appraisals, promotions and terminations. Responsible for training and development of subordinate staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.
- Act as a team role model and change-agent.
- Positively lead and influence team members to partner together to achieve individual and business goals.
- Assists senior and top management in the preparation and evaluation of standard policies and programs involving new or improved facilities.
- Oversee and manage facility relocations, facility remodels, new facility startups.
- Prepares or directs the preparation of cost estimates and supporting budgeting documentation and reports.
- Manage negotiation and execution of transactions, agreements, and related documentation for facility products and services.
- Manage a team of 6-8 field maintenance employees across 10 production locations
- Manage the internal security system, security policies and procedures. Ensure building security system is in good working order.
- Support EH&S to ensure safe facilities and working conditions – (Disaster Recovery Planning, OSHA, Fire, Security, Emergency Response).
- Controls expenditures and approves payments for goods and services within authority; makes recommendations to higher management on matters exceeding that authority.
- Meets with Site Managers to discuss matters concerning space, workflow, relocation, alteration, or remodeling, and oversees the preparation of working drawings and plans.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of space-planning procedures, rental techniques and lease terms, and all matters pertaining to the management and maintenance of property.
- Responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and controlling facility maintenance to ensure proper safety, sanitation, and mechanical functions for all buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Supervises employees or outside contractors who construct, maintain, and repair utilities systems, buildings, and equipment via one or more of the following trades: electrical, plumbing, carpentry, air-conditioning, heating, painting, and/or general maintenance. Sets priorities and performs forecasting and allocates the resources needed to complete all preventive and corrective maintenance tasks.
- Ensures that all utility systems are fully operational and inspected in accordance with preventive maintenance schedules.
- Manages the process for preparing cost estimates, negotiating contracts, ensuring compliance to Avery Dennison supplier qualification processes, inspection of completed work for conformance to specification, and supplier relationship management for facility related services and projects.
- Responsible for documentation, communication, training, maintenance and adherence to Standard Facility Procedures.
- Align with Operations leaders to support business goals and needs.
► Key Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred. Facility Certifications from IFMA/BOMA a plus.
- 5+ year’s business, facilities management or related experience.
- Experience and understanding of Energy Management Systems and Emergency Response and Evacuation Processes.
- Excellent organizational and people skills, project management skills, with an ability to openly convey information to team members in a timely, concise manner.
- Knowledgeable on developing and implementing maintenance plans and funding requests.
- P&L accountability and/or contract-management and negotiation experience desired.
- Strong leadership, oral, written communication, presentation skills, and relationship building skills. Strong customer focus and orientation.
- Knowledge and experience with plumbing, HVAC, and electrical systems, power distribution, local fire safety codes.
- Strong and demonstrated tactical and strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills for leading special projects and cross functional teams across multiple sites and business units.
The salary range for this position is $83,550 - $122,540/ year.
The hiring [base salary / wage rate] range above represents what Avery Dennison reasonably expects to pay for this position as of the date of this posting. Actual salaries will vary within the range, and in some circumstances may be above or below the range, based on various factors including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant skills, experience, education and training, and location, as well as the job scope and complexity, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel required for the position, which may change depending on the candidate pool. Avery Dennison reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
► Additional Requirements
- The candidate must live within commuting distance to one of the following Vestcom sites:
- Kansas City, Dallas, Columbus, Philadelphia & Charlotte
- Vestcom Operations is a 24/7 environment and work hour demands may change based on client needs. Flexibility including holidays, nights and weekends is needed for this role.
- Travel requirements for role are expected to be at least 40%
- Compliance with Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required
- Compliance with all Company policies is required including all safety policies and procedures
► Supervisory Responsibilities
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
► Management Disclaimer
Vestcom’s Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or Vestcom may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.