"Manufacturing For Future" Manager
- place bellecour, Lyon, France
- Employees can work remotely
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 30,000 employees in over 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Avery Dennison is an equal opportunity employer
Avery Dennison is seeking a Manufacturing For Future Manager to lead our Digital Transformation Journey within our European Avery Dennison SC&OPS Organization , encompassing the critical business initiatives of Industry 4.0, Digital Transformation and Data Analytics Solutions.
The role will require a close collaboration with IT project management, Enterprise Lean Sigma (ELS) Organization, System & Data Team and Key Business Stakeholders.
Ideally located in one of our main locations in Europe and reporting to the QUALITY & ELS Director, you will be leading our ELS & Manufacturing for Future Strategy in our European SC&OPS Organization:
MANUFACTURING FOR FUTURE - DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION STRATEGY:
- Work closely with our IT Organization on New System Development (Data Lake, ARS Expansion, Manufacturing Center of Excellence,, ..). Ensure scalable Data Structure supporting Advanced Analytics.
- Develop a Data Science Network supporting SC&OPS Organization on end-to-end complex improvements projects & developing Premium Problem Solving concept using Advanced Analytics
- Close collaboration with the Operation & Technical teams on improving asset performance through OGSM projects like Predictive Maintenance, Physical Automation, Losses Optimization,..
- Build strong relationships with business leaders to understand business objectives and priorities, and to collaboratively develop supporting process improvement initiatives.
TEAM & PEOPLE MANAGEMENT / ORGANIZATIONAL CAPABILITY DEVELOPMENT:
- Lead the Central ELS Team Structure articulated on ELS Managers & SC&OPS Data Scientist.
- Build Organisational Capability towards our Manufacturing For Future / Digital Transformation journey. Drive Cultural Change while expanding Digital Performance Management.
- Partner with functional leaders to train and deploy Lean Principles, Six Sigma Techniques & Advanced Analytics Solutions.Challenge Organizational leaders to take ELS & Manufacturing For Future to the next level
- Develop a Digital Training & Advanced Analytics Training Program (Digital Data Engineer & Data Field Engineer Certification) developing Advanced Analytics solutions and enabling a strong foundation for Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence.
* Upgrade Local & Central ELS Team Competencies vs ELS & Digital Transformation. Enhance Local Training Capability.
ELS (ENTERPRISE LEAN SIGMA) FOUNDATION:
- Guide our organization on ELS Foundation and Continuous Excellence Principles: Strategy Creation, Value Stream Mapping, Peer Benchmarking & CE Scan, Lean & Six Sigma & Structured Problem Solving.
Support /Drive end-to-end Business Improvements Projects,
- Responsible of Six Sigma Training Program: Program Development & Performance Tracking, Coaching Strategic Six Sigma Projects, monitor and maintain healthy belt pipeline
- Collaborate with Local ELS Teams, System & Data Team to ensure a good application of ELS Foundations Principles & enabling an efficient Digital Transformation
- Promote best practice sharing across sites & functions
The successful candidate must have a proven history in managing large-scale Strategies & Initiatives including more recent experience in similar Digital Transformation projects.
You have the ability to perform critical analysis of complex programs/projects including performance measures, controls and cost benefit analysis
You have an Engineer Degree and a strong background in Six Sigma project Management. Master Black Belt Six Sigma certification is a plus
You've had exposure to Lean Manufacturing concepts and philosophy
You have a minimum 5 years of experience in managing a team and complex project management and are able to work in a multi-functional environment .
You are Fluent in English. Dutch, German, French considered as a strong Plus
Please note the travelling time will be around 50% of time (mostly Europe)
Our culture is innovative and collaborative. We are committed to diversity in the workplace, both for employees and for the company. Avery Dennison is a great place to work for everyone.
Structured learning and development
Total competitive rewards
We look forward to receiving your application.
If you are interested in knowing more about our Diversity & Inclusion approach, please go to https://www.averydennison.com/en/home/about-us/diversity-and-inclusion.html