ERC Service Repair
- 170 Monarch Ln, Miamisburg, OH 45342, USA
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio-frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2018 were $7.2 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
This is an in-house service technician position responsible for repairing machine products, parts, devices and other equipment such as labeling/printing products and sub-assemblies as needed. Incumbent performs diagnostics and repairs on mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment as assigned in accordance with departmental productivity standards.
- This position works in-house repairing and servicing equipment, parts, devices, (e.g., hand held, tabletop, or other labeling printing products, disassembling and building print heads and sub assemblies as needed.)
- Locates and diagnoses failures, replaces defective components, and performs basic troubleshooting using standard equipment and verbal and/or written instructions. Follows illustrated parts breakdowns and service manuals to properly disassemble and reassemble equipment to perform necessary repairs.
- Disassembles and re-builds/assembles all business specific parts, devises, equipment, sub assemblies, using specification sheets, verbal and handwritten instructions.
- Performs cleaning, lubrication and other preventive maintenance tasks as required.
- Tests and performs necessary machine product adjustments to ensure full functionality.
- Inspects completed repairs.
- Moves parts stock to and from work area.
- Maintains high priority on customer satisfaction. Properly responds and resolves urgent service requests within company stated objectives.
- Consistently work in a safe manner with regard to self, co-workers, and manufacturing systems.
- Contribute and participate in team decision making.
- Support safety, quality, and continuous improvement initiatives
- May learn and apply software applications and diagnostic programs
- Performs receiving and/or shipping tasks for outgoing repaired product to customers as directed.
- Maintains inventory accuracy and turns in accordance with service standards.
- High School Diploma or GED. Technical school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in related field.
- Possesses understanding of electronics, computer systems and RF. Demonstrated ability to use electronic test equipment and tools.
- Must be able to read and comprehend assembly prints, wiring diagrams, written instructions, service manuals and illustrated parts breakdowns.
- Able to apply basic repair skills and interpret Customer Repair Orders.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.