Device Application Engineer
- 170 Monarch Ln, Miamisburg, OH 45342, USA
Avery Dennison is Everywhere You Look!
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 32,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
The Device Application Engineer is responsible for solving complex problems and technical issues involving the company’s products or processes. The incumbent will be a significant contributor, applying extensive knowledge of principles, theories, concepts and internal practices, processes, and products.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- Present information and effectively communicate with divisions and cross-functionally.
- Generate new ideas for products.
- Maintain awareness of advances in technology and competitive intellectual property.
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
- Leverage internal and external experts to accomplish goals.
- Methodical Problem Solving: uses a methodical approach (builds mental models, designs experiments, develops test tools, etc) in understanding and solving problems.
- Take a integral member role as part of a development team, contribute during conceptual design and architectural strategic planning sessions, provide technical input and analysis, perform code reviews, and actively participate as part of the overall engineering team.
- Provide on-going enhancements and code maintenance for multiple simultaneous projects.
- Produce in-line documentation in compliance with Avery Dennison standards.
- Skills/Techniques: proficient in using design techniques, debugging skills; easily makes technology choices; good technical and software development background.
- Other duties, as assigned by management.
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- Bachelor's degree, from an accredited university, in computer science or a similar technical field, or equivalent practical work experience.
- 3-4 years’ experience writing Android Applications with understanding of UI design and multi-threaded applications.
- Develop Android Device Applications using Java and Android Studio.
- 2-3 years' working with Android AOSP / Linux, understanding of OS internals desired.
- Develop firmware in C and C++ within a real-time operating system environment.
- Familiarity with remote device connectivity using wired Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB communications.
- Experience with developing Windows 8 and 10 applications a plus.
- Experience with developing Apple iOS / iPadOS / MacOS applications a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in new product development and stage gate product development processes.
- An extensive, in-depth and demonstrable understanding of the overall software development life cycle (SDLC) process.
- Excellent analytical capability with the expertise to research and apply logical and scientific thinking to a wide range of technical problems, including the ability to understand, write and decode formulas, scientific equations, and deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and the Google online suite of products (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, a self-starter with outstanding planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a diverse team with diverse cultures across multiple geographic locations.
- An absolute passion for delivering high-quality software solutions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.