Operations Team Manager - Night Shift
- 870 Anderson Blvd, Greenfield, IN 46140, USA
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 32,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Avery Dennison is seeking a Team Manager (Production Supervisor) to join the Greenfield, IN site in support of our Coating Operations on D Team (Night Shift). The successful candidate will be an upbeat leader with a consistent track record of training, developing, motivating, and coaching team members. The Team Manager will provide front-line leadership and direction for all Safety, Quality, Service, Efficiency, Cost Reduction, and People objectives and goals within an assigned area of the facility while meeting internal and external customer needs. As part of our team, this individual will report to the Coating Department manager and operate under general guidance from Plant Leadership to ensure execution of daily operational efficiencies, implementation of key business objectives, and leadership of key people initiatives.
Avery Dennison offers a wide range of benefits including, but not limited to health, life, dental and vision insurance, plus 401(k) matching, a vacation program, and flexible work arrangements.
In your role as Coating Team Manager, delivering on these responsibilities is critical to success:
- Perform general management duties, exercising usual authority concerning staff, performance appraisals, promotions and terminations. Responsible for training and development staff, estimating resource/labor needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies. Maintain all timekeeping, overtime and vacation records and schedules.
- Act as a team role model and change-agent. Positively lead and influence team members to partner together to achieve individual and business goals. Model and promote the Corporation’s Code of Business Ethics and Values
- Regard safety as a core value: Lead the efforts to build a safety conscious environment; be actively involved in safety initiatives. Lead monthly safety meetings and daily safety huddles. Lead 5S activities, housekeeping, and recycling programs.
- Responsible for key operational measures within business unit (service, quality, efficiency, cost, safety); able to measure performance of team against performance targets in support of continuous improvement.
- Maintain quality control processes to ensure products/services meet quality standards; lead implementation of process improvements. Drive improvement strategies in all key metric areas; handle production flow, staffing schedule and resources to budget and plan.
- Collaborate with other functional areas to resolve problems and develop improved manufacturing processes. Make efforts to reduce manufacturing waste and process complexity.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Organizational Leadership preferred. Experience in a leadership role within a technical/mechanical setting in conjunction with a demonstrated commitment to continuing education and development will also be considered.
- 4+ years demonstrated leadership experience in a manufacturing setting or similar complex organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and develop a diverse team of individuals performing a variety of tasks required.
- Must have strong floor presence.
- Strong customer focus, communication, planning and coordination skills. Ability to think ahead, anticipate problems, make decisions and take appropriate action.
- Skilled in crafting and implementing operational improvement strategies for safety, cost, quality, training, inventory and services.
- Skilled in analyzing and drawing information for daily operational needs and improvement for the team. Familiarity with Enterprise Lean Sigma (ELS) Operating Principles strongly preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact 440.534.6080 or [email protected] to discuss reasonable accommodations.