Regional Human Resources Generalist
- 830 Brock Rd, Pickering, ON L1W 1Z8, Canada
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 32,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
We are seeking an HR Generalist for our Canadian operations, who will act as a single point of contact to multiple business managers & units on all H.R. services/systems and organizational development strategies and tactics across all Canadian geographical areas. This role requires an experienced, seasoned professional with a demonstrable track record to work approximately 30 hours per week. Stability and understanding of how to work in a matrix organization are important. Experience should include: employee and labour relations, HR systems and programs, payroll, staffing of hourly and exempt positions, statutory reporting requirements, benefit and pension services for different geographical areas. Act as a visible, hardworking leader in support of the business and people strategies. Position would be based in Ontario, but would support multiple provinces. This position has the ability to partially work remote and may include international HR support.
- Promote effective communications and employee relations.
- Guarantee adherence with any legal or regulatory changes pertaining to labour, wage and employment laws.
- Assist in handling administrative duties associated with HR including but not limited to maintaining the HRIS system, personnel files, etc.
- Handle, negotiate and maintain a collective agreement.
- Performance Management: Support the leadership in the business and the employees in making sure performance management is accurately coordinated. Provide mentorship to employees and managers in the performance management process.
- Organizational Development/Training: Conduct ongoing training sessions to develop employees. Provide mentorship, counselling and consulting to managers on a broad range of H.R. related issues.
- Project Management/Process Improvements: Good strategic thinker with the ability to take moderately sophisticated projects, effectively execute & complete in a timely manner. Proactively identify possibilities to improve the workplace environment, H.R. services, products or processes.
- Payroll, Benefits & Pension: Responsible for handling time and attendance related functions to ensure accurate processing of the company payroll
- Coordinate company's employee benefits programs including all or part of the following: vacation, sick leave, medical/dental coverage, short & long-term disability, group life insurance, auto programs, savings programs, pension programs and leaves of absence. Handle & coordinate any training & return to work.
- Talent Management / Staffing: Partner with hiring managers to fully understand the scope, responsibilities and requirements of the positions to be filled. Provide consultation and advisory services to managers on staffing and placement options. Screen and evaluate candidates, conduct interviews, work with outside agencies and vendors, and extend formal job offers and conduct Onboarding.
- College diploma in Human Resources, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of related human resources and payroll experience
- Payroll and Employment legislative knowledge an asset
- Good leadership, team building, facilitation, relationship building and consultation skills required.
- Knowledgeable on functional specific activities, such as recruitment, benefits, pensions, payroll & organizational development
- Good Project Management skills
- Skilled in multitasking, organizing and prioritizing work.
- HR PeopleSoft or applicable systems knowledge and experience are required. Skilled in running reports, analyzing data and report development.
- Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft, Google suite and function specific software
- CHRP Certification a plus
- Bilingual (French) a plus
- Labour Relations experience a plus
- Training and facilitation skills a plus
- Ability to travel within North America up to 25% of the time
- As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must undergo and satisfy background and reference check requirements
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact 440.534.6080 or [email protected] to discuss reasonable accommodations.