Maintenance Tech (Lead) - Day Shift
- 11195 Eucalyptus St, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, USA
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 32,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
The primary responsibility of this position is the overall repair and upkeep of the facility and equipment. You will perform all aspects of a maintenance technician, and also assist and support other team members in meeting maintenance department goals. You would be responsible for taking the lead on projects, adherence to a monthly department budget and work with contractors, other sites and divisional contacts. You will generally work on A shift 8am-4pm.
Activities and duties may vary depending upon site-specific needs. Essential functions may include, but are not limited to:
- Working as a maintenance department lead by coordinating projects and guiding other maintenance technicians
- Maintaining maintenance department budget, including working with finance and purchasing
- Working with other sites for various projects and initiatives, as needed
- Working closely with other divisional contacts, including safety contacts and project engineers
- Locating and diagnosing failures, replacing defective components, and performing basic troubleshooting using standard equipment, detailed drawings, diagrams, sketches, specifications, prints, manuals, and verbal and/or written instructions.
- Repairing and maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment such as pneumatic tools, motors, conveyor systems and production machines and equipment using testing instruments, hand and power tools and precision-measuring instruments.
- Performing a wide variety of functions such as installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment for generating, distributing, and utilizing electrical energy. Uses instruments to test circuits and replaces or installs new power, light, electronic and control circuits.
- Troubleshooting electrical malfunctions, inspecting circuits and wiring for shielding and grounding, and testing electrical equipment for safety and efficiency.
- Repairing complex electrical equipment, including motors, switches, switchboards, electrical mechanisms, automated machines, controls, panels, relays, circuit breakers, communication systems and alarms.
- Working from schematics, drawings, layouts, or other specifications to locate and diagnose trouble in the electrical system or equipment.
- Improvising acceptable fixes to get equipment running promptly.
- Assisting engineers in diagnosing problems and suggesting corrective action.
- Properly inspecting and maintaining shop equipment, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Preparing new machines and production equipment for operation.
- Following a strict preventive maintenance schedule to lessen exposure to downtime related to repairs and maintenance.
- Maintaining a clean, organized and safe shop and production floor.
- Consistently working in a safe manner with regard to self, co-workers, and manufacturing systems.
- Performing general housekeeping tasks and waste removal within department/group and assists other areas as required.
- Continuously reviewing current processes and searches out improvement methods to improve product/process quality and reduce waste, rework, and unnecessary work that adds no value to the work or process.
- Assisting and supporting other team members in meeting department and site goals.
- Contributing and participating in team decision making. Provide support in project work and other special requests.
- Providing support to the production team to produce superior quality materials that meet/exceed client needs. This role supports the needs of manufacturing and facilities to ensure both are in top working order.
- Painting structures, performing masonry work, repairing plumbing fixtures and woodwork.
- Repairing, assisting in repairing or overseeing contracted personnel on heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems.
- Performing or supervising janitorial services and grounds maintenance such as landscaping, lawn care and snow removal.
What we will be looking for in you:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) or 3+ years of relevant manufacturing work experience in lieu of High School Diploma or GED.
- 6+ years previous experience required.
- Certifications in specialty area required as applicable. Or acquire within specified timing any licenses necessary to perform the job.
- Good interpersonal skills, mathematical aptitude, mechanical/technical skills and aptitude and logical problem solving skills necessary.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment with a highly collaborative work system.
- Ability to work independently in a safe and timely manner.
- Must be motivated towards productivity improvements, safety and quality awareness.
- Regard safety as a core value; serve as role model for other employees and encourage adherence to safety practices, policies and procedures.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization through various forums
- Strong service and quality focus; address issues effectively when problems arise and take initiative to understand root cause, then communicate / educate the team in a timely manner.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact 440 534-6080 or [email protected] to discuss reasonable accommodations.