Environmental Health and Safety Manager
- 250 Chester St, Painesville, OH 44077, USA
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 32,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Avery Dennison is seeking an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager to join the Reflective Business at our Painesville, OH Building 7 site within Avery Dennison. In this role, you will participate on the Plant Leadership Team and report to the Plant Manager. If you are a motivated individual that enjoys driving safety culture and engaging employees at all levels, and on all shifts to improve safety performance and drive a zero injury culture - this job is for you! You will be responsible for coordinating and controlling the EHS functions of the site to ensure that an effective accident prevention program is maintained. We will look to you in order to develop, implement, and integrate Company EHS programs, standards, training, and facility specific procedures that ensure compliance with regulatory and Company policies.
At Avery Dennison we offer a wide range of benefits including health, life, dental, and vision insurance, plus 401(k) matching, a vacation program, and flexible work arrangements.
What you will be doing:
- Lead EHS programs including, but not limited to Title V, SWPP, hearing conservation, LOTO, machine guarding, PSM, and Behavioral Based Safety Programs
- Develop, implement, and supervise environmental health and safety education and training to support regulatory and business requirements.
- Investigate all releases, injuries, and near-misses to the root cause. Review plant incident statistics and make recommendations for correction of problem areas. Drive improvement to deliver strong results from behavioral based programs.
- Perform risk assessments. Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices and develop hazard control practices and programs. Lead Job Safety Analysis and PPE compliance programs.
- Prepare and maintain the facility's compliance records, reports and permits. Review and provide mentorship on Federal, State and local regulation changes that impact permits and permit compliance.
- Run the safety program to assure compliance with corporate audit protocols.
- Conduct periodic risk assessments of plant machinery, equipment, and working conditions to ensure conformance to appropriate safety and sanitary standards and regulations.
- Provide advice, assist, and audit the front line leadership to ensure that effective EHS is implemented and working.
- Maintain working relationships with Regulatory Agencies and lead the Safety Focused Teams.
- Assist with maintaining the Site Preparedness and Emergency Plans & Procedures.
- Actively participate in the Corporate EHS Network.
What you will need to bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Chemical, Environmental
- Engineering/ Science or related field.
- 5+ years of EHS leadership experience with progressive work assignments. Advanced professional EHS certification (CSP, CIH, CHMM, QEP, CEA, REM etc.) a plus.
- Strong leadership, managerial, training, and mentoring skills.
- Industrial safety and occupational EHS within a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory requirements and EHS policies, procedures and programs.
- Experience in NFPA 101 life safety codes, NFPA 70E, OSHA Regulations, Hazcom / GHS Requirements, and Industrial hygiene.
- Strong Project/Problem resolution skills.
- Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes and function specific software.
- Good written, verbal, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong coaching, facilitating and training skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact (440) 534-6080 or [email protected] to discuss reasonable accommodations.