- 670 Hardy Rd, Painesville, OH 44077, USA
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 32,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
The Master Scheduler/Analyst position is an integral role in our Service, Materials, and Logistics team. Reporting directly to the SM&L Manager, this individual is responsible for raw material planning, demand planning, and scheduling of requirements in both Lowell & Fairport facilities. Additionally, this individual will own optimizing current planning processes/ tools in Lowell, as well as developing future planning process in Fairport Harbor. This position will also provide inter-departmental support to MPS, Raw Planner, and Finishing Planning as needed.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide Supply Chain leadership to the Graphics Supply Chain
- Develop processes to optimize scheduling process and reduce total operational costs
- Requirements planning review, monitor sales and cast inventory levels to build and prioritize production schedules.
- Supervise customer orders and prioritize requirements to meet coating /customer orders.
- Machine and staffing capacity planning as needed to support the business.
- Improve planning process for inventory management to minimize obsolescence, improve inventory turns, optimize space, and lower costs.
- Handle dependency transfers between plants.
- Participate in and lead physical inventory process.
- Lead Enterprise Lean Sigma initiatives for the site improvement and cost out initiatives.
- Cross-train within the supply chain team
- Leadership of site pivotal initiatives and goals
- Participate in product development teams and coordinate product development/transition initiatives
- Assessing and developing talent to strengthen our organizational capability
- Primary performance measures include: Achieve 98% or above plant service (delivery, fulfillment), inventory management, changeover & cost management, optimize plant UEE.
Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Health & Safety: Consistently work in a safe manner with regard to self, co-workers, and manufacturing systems.
- Perform general housekeeping tasks and waste removal within department/group and assists other areas as the need arises.
- Enterprise Lean Sigma: Review current processes and search out improvement methods to improve product/process quality and reduce waste, rework, and unnecessary work that adds no value to the work or process.
- Support safety, quality, and improvement initiatives.
- Teamwork: Assist and support other team members in meeting department and site goals. Participate and share in performing all tasks vital to run the facility. Contribute and participate in team decision-making. Provide support in project work and other special requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Logistics Management
- 6+ years previous scheduling, planning, or Supply Chain experience.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with all functions and levels of the organization
- Results oriented focus and ability to take ownership to resolve issues.
- Flexibility and willingness to initiate change.
- High customer focus: ability to proactively identify and meet customer needs.
- Ability to interface with cross-functional groups to define and execute overall requirements.
- Ability to use ELS problem solving tools to identify root cause. (A3 Thinking)
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and employees.
- Experience in process documentation and improvement.
- Proficiency with relevant computer systems, such as Microsoft Office and Oracle.
- APICS certification preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact 440.534.6080 or [email protected] to discuss reasonable accommodations.