Asst. Technical Support Engineer
- Panyu, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 32,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Avery Dennison Retail Branding and Information Solutions (RBIS), a global leader in apparel and footwear industry solutions, is a $1.6 billion division of Avery Dennison. We provide intelligent creative and sustainable solutions that elevate brands and accelerate performance throughout the global retail supply chain. We elevate brands through graphic tickets, tags and labels, embellishments and packaging solutions that enhance consumer appeal. We accelerate performance through radio frequency identification (RFID)-enabled inventory, loss prevention solutions, price management, global compliance and brand security solutions. Based in Westborough, Massachusetts, Avery Dennison RBIS responsibly serves the global marketplace with operations in 115 locations and 50 countries, across six continents. For more information, visit www.rbis.averydennison.com.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE:
Design automation programs to improve daily order entry efficiency and accuracy.
Engage in data processing, workflow optimization, automation program design, project testing, daily operation maintenance.
Support Customer Service team to implement and update system change requirement. Ensure the system run smoothly with all new changes.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE :
- Handle order capture automation requests from Regional Customer Service.
- Design program or standard template to consolidate order entry data automatically.
- Design program to input data into systems automatically and simplify the process workflow, mainly through Excel Visual Basic, Java.
- Follow up projects and summarize the process and conduct relevant training for customer service team.
- Maintain and update solutions as requirement changes. Responsible for the maintenance and development of existing programs.
- Support bug fixing and issue investigation.
- College degree or above, major in software engineering, Information Technology or computer science is preferable；
- Have some basic programming skills. Be familiar with VB/VB.NET/VBA/Vbs / Java / C# and so on；
- Knowledge of XSL and XML, Excel, PDF and Macro；
- Sharp analytical ability,fast learning skill, problem solving techniques.
- Strong team-work spirit
- Good communication skill
- Be able to work carefully and efficiently
- Customer oriented
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status.