Operations Team Manager - Day Shift
- 870 Anderson Blvd, Greenfield, IN 46140, USA
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 32,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Job Summary: Lead efforts to ensure customer happiness while achieving business objectives regarding Safety, Employee Engagement, Quality, Efficiency, Process Improvement and Cost-effectiveness within your assigned shift and department.
Avery Dennison offers a wide range of benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, plus 401(k) matching, a vacation program, and flexible work arrangements.
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to:
- SAFETY: Promote safety as the most important value in the organization by actively enforcing all Environmental, Health and Safety policies/ procedures and ensuring participation of team members in required safety training. Lead and/or participate in investigation and implementation of corrective action plans for all safety incidents.
- LEADERSHIP: Provide leadership for the shift by crafting a motivating environment for team members to meet and exceed facility goals for safety, service, quality, efficiency, cost, and inventory control targets. Recognize and reward outstanding performance as needed. Plan, coordinate, lead and control resources through effective systems. Charter and engage employee teams to achieve objectives.
- OPERATIONS AND PROCESS IMPROVEMENTS: Initiate, implement and support effective operational improvements to promote safety, increase employee engagement, improve quality, minimize scrap and increase efficiency.
- MANUFACTURING EXCELLENCE: Ensure execution of standard operating procedures, standard work, quality standards, cycle counts, safety/housekeeping audits, etc. Engage in technical problem solving and troubleshooting activities associated with process equipment and/or product performance. Lead or participate in projects focused on optimizing the manufacturing processes, production capabilities and efficiencies
- EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT: Coordinate daily activities of team members including coaching, counseling and corrective action processes. Conduct regular performance reviews with team members and incorporate meaningful feedback on their performance and personal development. Collaborate with technical, financial and materials support teams in resolving problems and developing improved manufacturing processes. Lead, facilitate and participate in Enterprise Lean Sigma (ELS) continuous improvement activities and Kaizen events.
- High School diploma and a minimum of 3 years leadership, process improvement and supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment required. Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Engineering or a related field preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, support and develop a diverse team of talent.
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations systems (standard methodologies), processes and technology. Demonstrated ability to achieve operational results and ability to accomplish work through delegation and teamwork.
- Demonstrated ability to trouble-shoot and effectively problem-solve issues and implement solutions to prevent recurring problems. Demonstrated effective time management, project management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to promote and protect Avery Dennison Values of Integrity, Courage, External Focus, Diversity, Sustainability, Innovation, Teamwork and Excellence.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal, active listening) and professional behavior.
- Ability to perform the essential functions and physical requirements of this position.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of Production Operators work processes and equipment as needed.
- Familiarization with ELS (Continuous Improvement) principles and knowledge of lean sigma tools.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact 440.534.6080 or [email protected] to discuss reasonable accommodations.