Product Development and Technical Support Engineer
- 250 Chester St, Painesville, OH 44077, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 30,000 employees in over 50 countries. Reported sales in 2019 were $7.1 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Avery Dennison is seeking a Product Development and Technical Support Engineer to join our Performance Tapes North America team in Painesville, Ohio. In this role, you will craft and commercialize new products and provide technical and applications support to our customers and sales team in North America. You will be part of a larger team of similar engineers and led by the Director of R&D and ATS, and work directly with customers during project definition through customer trials and to commercialization in order to provide product recommendations and applications for new opportunities. An ideal candidate would be someone with a strong technical capability with experience in customer-facing roles.
In your role as Product Development and Technical Support Engineer, delivering on these responsibilities is critical to success:
- Initiate lab testing, figure out test protocol, and provide report results to customer for new applications.
- Provide process support to customers for tape laminating, die cutting, and part application.
- Scope opportunities for potential new products by partnering with customers or through working with our sales team.
- Act as project leader for new product development on assigned projects, responsible for all aspects of product development including the definition of requirements for the customer, adhesive development, and determination of construction, as well as maintaining responsibility from project launch through product scale-up in production.
- Work across multiple internal departments including (but not limited to) sales, logistics, manufacturing, quality, and other specialists/chemists in product development.
- Assist manufacturing and quality in addressing adhesive and product related issues for customers. You will act as the key technical contact between suppliers, manufacturing, and the technical team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or other related subject area required.
- 3+ years validated experience in technical area with customer interaction is required
- Process engineering or process support experience required
- Pressure-sensitive tape and/or converting experience preferred
- Ability to operate with little supervision in a complex environment
- A strong ability to communicate across multiple functions at different levels in an organization.
- Travel - 25%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.