Sr. Software Engineer
- Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2019 were $7.1 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com. Avery Dennison Retail Branding and Information Solutions (RBIS), a global leader in apparel and footwear industry solutions, is a $1.6 billion division of Avery Dennison. We provide intelligent creative and sustainable solutions that elevate brands and accelerate performance throughout the global retail supply chain. We elevate brands through graphic tickets, tags and labels, embellishments and packaging solutions that enhance consumer appeal. We accelerate performance through radio frequency identification (RFID)-enabled inventory, loss prevention solutions, price management, global compliance and brand security solutions. Based in Westborough, Massachusetts, Avery Dennison RBIS responsibly serves the global marketplace with operations in 115 locations and 50 countries, across six continents. For more information, visit www.rbis.averydennison.com.
- Working as part of a Scrum team to architect and build api’s and applications to maintain and manage IOT devices.
- Work closely with Data Engineers and Data Scientists to identify and build api’s that consume and deliver data.
- Work closely with other software engineers to migrate existing applications to the cloud.
- Advocate for and train other engineers on cloud development and api adoption.
- Work with software and hardware contractors to develop solutions.
- Write technical reports and document research. Summarize critical results and observations. Verify reliability of data.
- Propose, design, prioritize, conduct and oversee multiple projects.
- Lead and conduct problem solving efforts and propose resolutions.
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- 5+ years experience in software development and cloud architecture, ideally combined with a Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent
- 5+ years experience using MEAN and/or MERN stacks.
- 5+ years experience in API design, OAS is preferred.
- 5+ years experience Technical expertise with a cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP). Azure preferred.
- Understanding of Cloud Application architecture is required.
- 5+ years experience with multiple SQL and Monogdb database technologies are preferred.
- 5+ years experience with Test Driven Development, unit testing tools, Jest is preferred
- Experience with Azure IOT Hub is preferred.
- Understanding of RFID technology is a plus
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential,
- Ability to work both individually and in a team
- Creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial spirit for growing a sustainable business to set your career at Avery Dennison
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status.