Account Executive - Western United States
- N Los Angeles St, Los Angeles, CA 90012, USA
Avery Dennison is Everywhere You Look!
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2019 were $7.1 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
As Sales Executive, you will join a fast paced, growing division working to digitize the food and logistics industries. You will develop and lead territory sales growth in the Western United States with a focus on the food industry. This role requires the ability to collaborate with cross functional teams to drive long-term segment growth and strategic account management.
- Develop long-term customer partnerships that result in increased sales and margin growth, with particular focus on food retail, food service and the food supply chain
- Solution based strategic selling across the Avery Dennison and partner portfolios, including technical knowledge of variable data management and SaaS solutions
- Demonstrate knowledge of the industry and customer brands, platforms, and strategies and be able to provide innovative customer-focused ideas
- Execute business plans, resolve issues and deliver solutions to meet customer needs and drive profitable growth
- Collaborate with internal technical, operations, and product development personnel to assure alignment of sales strategy and product offers within technical and operational capabilities
- Lead market analysis, conduct research and synthesize learnings to support recommendations that drive change to the sales model or in support of strategic Go to Market programs and transformation initiatives.
- Develop a deep understanding of the assigned channel (via SWOT analysis, operator and consumer target, competition, and customer strategies) and apply that understanding to develop territory plans and strategies.
- Define performance measures and reporting requirements, working individually or in a larger project group, to evaluate effectiveness of Go to Market models, programs and initiatives.
- Optimize and manage effective operating mechanisms to guarantee execution, efficiency, profitability, and compliance across the businesses
- Participate in a team selling environment as needed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING TO THE TEAM:
Avery Dennison has a long history of being a market leader. Your history is important to us. It should include the following:
- BS/BA degree required
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the food or beverage industry is required
- Manufacturing, technology or software sales business experience preferred
- Successful sales and negotiating experience
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships and interact with individuals at all levels of assigned accounts
- Ability to develop working relationships and influence across all areas of the organization (including sales, market development, operations, finance, marketing).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.