Temporary Raw Materials Planner
- Nelson Way, Cramlington NE23, UK
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 32,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
This is a full time temporary role, initially for 6 months with the possibility for extension.
We are looking for the successful candidate to start approximately 31 May 2021 or sooner.
The Raw Material Planner is a pivotal role in the Supply Chain department. It is a challenging role which requires a combination of strategic co-ordination and analysis. Key to the role is managing the flow of product to ensure we deliver on time and in full to our customers.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic individual with an analytical mind, strong influencing skills and thrives at working in a fast paced environment. Educated to degree level with an understanding of business & planning combined with a desire to progress and develop within the company.
- Purchasing of Raw Materials for 1 Meter and 2 Meter Coating line to ensure Service levels.
- Management of approximately 30-40 Suppliers plus Consignment Management.
- Management and execution of inventory:
- Stock level
- Ageing / Obsolete
- Negotiating MOQs / lead time
- Phase in / Phase out
- Working closely with internal customers & external suppliers.
- Deliver key metrics (OTIF + Month, Quarter & Year End targets).
- Benchmark planning/ scheduling activities.
- Data management and update Item-Site Planning Parameters for Raw Material. (QAD, MFG Pro)
- Back up Coating Planning.
- Train as back up for additional SC planning role (SC Coordinator).
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree – preferably in a relevant topic ( business & economics & engineering )
- Understanding of commercial / sales needs (customer focused)
- Highly skilled in excel
- Able to develop effective working relationships – face to face & virtually
- Must be persuasive / assertive with a can do attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Dynamic and proactive
- Detail conscious
- Results driven
- Use of MRP
- Production planning background
At Avery Dennison we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusion as an integral part of the employee experience.
We're committed to workplace diversity because it’s the right thing to do – both for employees and for the business. We create a more inclusive workplace where every employee has an opportunity to be and do their very best.
So whatever your race, sexuality, disability, religion, gender or even non-gender, we recognise and celebrate your differences.
Be different. Be You.