Systems Support Engineer
- 170 Monarch Ln, Miamisburg, OH 45342, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Avery Dennison is Everywhere You Look!
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2019 were $7.1 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
As a Systems Support Engineer, you will meet with customers to determine the nature of problems, diagnose hardware or software issues, provide effective technical assistance, and maintain strong customer relationships. You will also be required to test and install new hardware and software applications and train customers on proper use. You may be required to do some light software application development on occasion.
To ensure success as a Systems Support Engineer, you should have in-depth knowledge of business software and hardware systems, excellent troubleshooting skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Installation and configuration of systems.
- Training of customers on proper application and hardware use.
- Respond to client support requests.
- Meet with customers to diagnose software, networking or hardware issues.
- Monitor installed systems.
- Provide updates on system performance related to KPIs.
- Provide technical support on-site or via remote-access systems.
- Repair hardware malfunctions, software issues, and networking problems.
- Maintain excellent customer relations.
- Test newly developed software applications.
- 9+ years engineering, research, scientific or related experience with Bachelor’s Degree.
- 7+ years with Masters Degree
- Knowledge of barcode and RFID data collection systems.
- Knowledge of web services, API, and IP based protocols.
- Knowledge of .NET, C# and Java programming languages.
- Knowledge of SQL and MongoDB databases.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and networking systems.
- Knowledge of Windows Server and Unix operating systems.
- Strong organization and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Strong ability to interface effectively with cross-functional groups to define and execute overall requirements.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex hardware and software issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think critically.
- Ability to travel 50%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.